Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just saying hello. New to trap, new to shooting, new to everything. Caught the bug and I've jumped in with both feet.
Just put a deposit on my first gun yesterday, a 692 x-trap, which I'm getting fitted for tomorrow. Went with something that I wouldn't out grow too quickly.
Looking forward to getting all the info i can out of all you knowledgeable people and breaking some more clays, cheers.

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
Welcome to TS.com!!! Sounds like your off to a good start. You found a nice O/U and your going the extra mile to have it fitted to you. If your truly a brand new to clay target shooting I would recommend taking a beginner type shooting class at one of your local clubs. Here you can learn the proper methods of shooting a moving target and the basic shooting stance, swing, hold points and other misc. info. Its good to do this because if you just do what you want to do you may end up forming some very bad habits. These bad habits (while you can learn them in just one or two outings) can take months and months to unlearn and teach yourself the proper way and form. Again Welcome!!! and the best of luck on your new Journey to the shooting sports. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I am a foreigner, located in Melbourne, Australia. I have joined my local gun club here and already sought the help of a couple of very experienced coaches. Trying to learn right from the start..... unlike everything else I've ever done

Andrew

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Welcome and sounds like you have chosen a good way to learn about trapshooting, good luck, it is a lifelong endeavor

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of clay target sports. You'll meet some of the finest people in the world while involved in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts