Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy who also knew the local gun shop owner. He said this happened in the early to mid 70's. He and the shop owner were talking and the shop owner said a customer's wife called and told him to come by the house and get her husband's guns and bring a check for what he thought would be fair. He said "Wheres your husband? Whats he going to have to say about this". He isn't going to say a thing about it. He's under the tractor that rolled over him and the ambulance people and fire department are getting him out. Get over here and get these guns out of my house".

He isn't even cold and she's getting rid of his guns. That is just cold.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I know a man who is with the Indiana State Police.

He rose through the ranks quickly because he is honest, hard working, and believes in helping people. He is also a Minister, with a weekly congregation, at a local church.

A few years back, he was responsible for investigating, confiscating, handling, and disposing of illegal gambling devices, and I saw him on the news destroying gambling machines after a raid.

Later, he became the one who was responsible for the same type duty, but with firearms.

He told of a call to come get some firearms that the owner wanted to surrender.

He said an elderly lady opened the door, and opened the closet behind the door, to reveal several high-dollar rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

He offered to help her sell these for additional income, but she insisted he take them now.

He explained if he took them, they would be destroyed after a serial no. check.

She said that was fine, because she had wanted her husband to get rid of them for years, and now that he is gone, she is doing just that.

Just goes to show...........

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
My wife would sell all my other stuff and buy more guns and ammo

·
Registered
801 Posts
I should add,that as a young man,I was involved with a young woman. We got along great,when the time came to ask the question,she told me she was allergic to dogs and I would have to give mine up.The dog hunted till she was 14yrs never missed a bird.The lady is on her third husband. True story...

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
A good friend of mine use to have a gun business as he purchased and sold high quality guns. His wife got fed up one day dealing with the UPS man when he delivered guns to him on a regular basis.

One day, the UPS man arrived with another gun and she told him that her husband passed away in his sleep that morning and she would not accept delivery.

Long story short, it wasn't long before he found out what she did. They got a divorce shortly after.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I was 17 and working the gun counter at Hume's Sporting Goods in Burbank Ca back in 1973. A lady walks in with three model 12 shotguns, a .410, a 28 Ga and a 12 ga. all with successive serial numbers. She wanted just $100 per gun. She didn't care if she sold them as a bunch or broke them up. The boss tried to explain their value, especially as a set but she didn't care. She'd caught her husband in bed with a teeny bopper babysitter and she was going to let him have it where it hurt the worst.

·
Registered
956 Posts
An attorney friend told me of writing a will for a fellow that had some very expensive guns. In the will he added something to the effect of: "upon my death, please contact ___ to arrange for the sale of my guns, but please don't sell them for how much I told you they cost".

Pete

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went to the national sporting clay shoot and my wife gave me a blank check I ask her what it was for she said you might find a good deal on a gun true story I got a good one

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
A friend of mine died a few years back, no kids just an anti gun sister, knew it was coming so he had me help sell off his collection.

He said, "why burden my sister", so he left her the cash instead.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red Hammer be very glad you have such a good wife. Your a very lucky man.

My sisters aren't getting a damn thing. Raised Republican but vote democRATic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts