Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was thinking....that alone could make my head hurt. I bought 100 lbs of reclaimed shot.......then I started thinking about how many times has it been shot?

What percent of shells fired are using reclaimed? If it's been reclaimed that makes 2 times right there and then how many time was it fired before that?

Now then I need the math people of the world to figure what percent of reclaimed is 2X fired, 3X times, 4X........ How often is the range reclaimed?

I need to get out more... Oh yeh, it shoots just fine and the clays still break even when hit by out of round shot. In my case the "flier shot" may help my score.
JimC

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pattern your reclaim shot loads.
If they shoot like crap, sell them cheap to the high cap shooter in your club.

Next, :)

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Trap lead mining - the ORIGINAL green technology.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
JimC- I would be pleased to do the rather simple math for you. First, I would need you to tell me how many shooters at the club where the lead was mined shoot new shot and reclaimed shot. Then how often the lead has been recovered from the club and the percentage of total lead at the club was reclaimed. Then, making the probably erroneous assumption that these ratios have been constant over several years, I could give you a number. Both the accuracy and relevancy of my number could be questioned. But, I can derive a mathematical number based on inaccurate information and the accuracy of my number cannot be better than the numbers I use for the calculations.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting responses. This came up in one of my mindless periods while reloading. Put a hull in, pull the handle, put a hull in, pull the handle.

May be I'll concentrate on how much of the shot was soft vs chilled hard. That might account for how much is deformed, or not.....
Jim

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
When shooting is done for the day, walk out in the drop zone and get your lead back. It's yours, so don't let anyone else get it. HMB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.