Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this new website, with ribs that come in many different heights, and widths. The quality is excellent, and the price is right.
George Olsen

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Looks like a terrific deal - maybe too terrific. I'd check out the company pretty carefully before sending them your money.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dickgtax No need to be skeptical, I have been to the shop, examined the quality and workmanship, and told Ray that he should be charging more for them. You should also check out the other products that he has at the above website

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The website says everything is reverse engineered.........that means he bought one of everything GRACO makes and made a copy of it......as far as ribs go, Vicki Keen will make one however you want and has a ten year stream of satisfied customers.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
That's what makes are country so wonderful. We can have a choice. Besides all of that, a little competition don't hurt anybody does it. Exp. if you are the consumer.

·
Vendor
1,151 Posts
The only guns I've ever built a 3/8" wide rib for were BT-99's. All of the Krieghoffs, Perazzis and Kolars I've done were quite a bit wider than 3/8". I don't know if there is a market for a rib you can only get in one width, but I guess there must be if he's doing it and making money.

Josh

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
OK,while we're on the subject,,why add a higher rib.I shoot a Sporting Clay Special Edition (browning) but have shot Other guns with higher ribs,seemed the same to me.What's the purpose of the higher rib? Would it change the POI,say ,on my browning if I added one?

Doug H.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If setup correctly, the higher rib will allow you to keep your head in a more upright and level position. Resulting in fewer head lifts (and missing the target).

Phil

·
Registered
696 Posts
I ordered one of the systems for my Browning adjustable comb, it should be here either today or tomorrow, hopefully it will cure the problem I have with the comb moving at the wrong time, even after using Blue Loc-tite. Am also interested in the higher rib as long as long as it is tapered like the one on the gun now.
Woody Sullivan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.