Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,169 Posts
It depends on the terrain you will be hunting, your XP100 will certainly kill a hog. If you can keep some distance between you and the hogs or hunt from a tree stand you would probably be ok. Hogs generally travel in packs and can be very aggressive when young ones are around. I hunted them with big bore Contenders and never had a problem dropping one, but I was mostly stand hunting off the ground. I always carried a backup big caliber revolver, something I would recommend if you will be in heavy brush.

· Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It depends on the terrain you will be hunting, your XP100 will certainly kill a hog. If you can keep some distance between you and the hogs or hunt from a tree stand you would probably be ok. Hogs generally travel in packs and can be very aggressive when young ones are around. I hunted them with big bore Contenders and never had a problem dropping one, but I was mostly stand hunting off the ground. I always carried a backup big caliber revolver, something I would recommend if you will be in heavy brush.
I plan on taking my S&W Trail Boss with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.