Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
30,394 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Hello everyone, I am attending the 2016 Iowa State Shoot with my mother. To be straight with you all, she doesnt want to be at a trapshooting event all day and wants to do other fun things in the area. We were both wondering if there was anything fun or time consuming that was in the area near Cedar Falls.
Thanks everybody
Chase H
Hog calling, Hog roundup, Hog butchering, Hog slopping. Hog mucking, Eating Hog....Oh yea, chop corn.

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
Im sure the last thing the woman wants to do is go Bowling--Drink Beer and have Sex--- smell someone's beer farts---or see Bombay's nudist camp. Im glad that Harv-DGH--and Rick are chipping in here. I know you guys are into the more base forms of entertainment but this is after all someone's mom ;)

·
Supporting Vendor
1,257 Posts
Im sure the last thing the woman wants to do is go Bowling--Drink Beer and have Sex--- smell someone's beer farts---or see Bombay's nudist camp. Im glad that Harv-DGH--and Rick are chipping in here. I know you guys are into the more base forms of entertainment but this is after all someone's mom ;)
Well George now you sound like someone's Mom. You give Rick credit for being helpful but did you click on the link that Rick gave? Half of those things to do were at a bar and one was going to the Wrestling Museum. Just saying. The original poster did not give any hints on what his Mom liked to do. How was the contributors to know which way to lead her to. Lol. I am sure the original posters mom will find plenty of interesting things to see And experience. If her son tells her about this thread she will learn quickly not to listen to the advice of a trapshooter. Lol. Terry

·
Registered
30,394 Posts
In my defense, I was merely providing info that there are links through travel sites and official sites by local governments that provide info of things to do and see.

In the future, I will add a disclaimer for all links I provide:

"Poster is not responsible for the lame content in the link provided."

Reactions: Lead Miner

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
Sorry Terry but Im far from someone's mom but at times it can be like a day care here :) OK so Bombay admits to being at the nudist camp....... Now I know where the corporate office of BI-Star Shotguns is based out of !!! The Lit was complaining about about the mushroom clouds coming from Hauxfans area of the parking lot. For some reason I think that you guys are trying to give the OP an education on the finer points of what to do at a Trapshoot when his mom is not there LOL! OK as a disclaimer IM gonna have to click on Barkers Links on everything from now on :) Maybey we should start a alternate thread....what you need to do at a trapshooting tournament when your mom is NOT there.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,257 Posts
Actually we should give the OP an attaboy. Going by his trapshooter name he is obviously a teenage shooter and is trying to thank his mom for taking him to the Iowa State Shoot. A fine shoot to go to I might ad. His father is probably staying home because he has to work and raise extra funds so his wife can take his son shooting. And actually other than getting locals to contribute ideas it was Rick that gave the best advice. I spent 2 summers there picking up lead shot with a tweezers but I did not get out much.

In Janesville there is a steakhouse where you can grill your own food. That way the cook does not spit in it. That was kind of fun. The people in Waverly are all very friendly. There is a new dog park there(not that mom is a dog but she may have one) and a few quilt shops in the area. I Love quilt shops. Chinese restaurant in Waverly that is awesome. Other than that just click on Rick's link and avoid the Wrestling Museum and the bars. I do not imagine mom is going to the bar during the day and at night she will have a teenage son or daughter to tag along with her. Enjoy.

Oh and to get an advertising plug in go get a set of custom molded ear plugs from the long white trailer with the Ear Gems sign out front. Nancy will be happy to chat with your mom and occupy some of her day.

Terry

Reactions: George MT.

·
Registered
30,394 Posts
Thanks, but I am still going to use a disclaimer in the future. Lol.

Reactions: Lead Miner

·
Registered
30,394 Posts
Was that last years festival? Dress style never changes from year to year.

Just kidding, I have friends from Iowa.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,257 Posts
Was that last years festival? Dress style never changes from year to year.

Just kidding, I have friends from Iowa.
You have friends other than me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Actually there is a lot of interesting things to do and see in Iowa. The wife and I on a bike trip to Sturgis crossed the
Mississippi river at Keokuk IA. taking the scenic Great River Road up to Strawberry Point then heading west through some pretty
Midwest countryside. There is Brit IA. where they have the Hobo Museum and hold the Hobo convention and some pleasant non-crowded country roads where you can see the real America with real people. We stopped in Cleghorn, IA. to visit an Army buddy who showed us around his 650 acres of corn and his hog barn.
If there is any place in America where you could find people who would qualify as Salt Of The Earth humans, I believe it is Iowa.

Eddie

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Hey now my wife is from LeClaire, they sure do have (had) some mighty fine women there. Sorry I don't know much about the Cedar Falls area but the "pickers" are based in LeClaire---lots of other small shops---good eateries---fishing--- great scenery going north on the Great River Road (hwy 67) high limestone bluffs---see (watch) barges "lock through"--- Maquoketa caves not too far. And YES lots of farms. Ross Puls

Old Iowa river rat from Clinton, ----transplanted to Ga.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Lets see, can watch corn grow !.. Hopefully the cedar river wont overflow ! See how long you can hold your breath driving thru Clinton, Pe U.. And Attend the best state shoot anywhere. Agree with Lead Miner, Janesville Steak house is a must attend, Love Iowa, looks just like my area in Illinois, corn as far as you can see LOL...Steve

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Soot-----Been a long time since you have been in Clinton??? Just spent month of June there, ADM has made big improvements. Now the Cedar river that's another can of worms, also Mississippi was high the entire month never did get to fish in it.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
A waste of time by who's standards?

Took a riverboat trip from LeCair to Clinton and back (2 days). Unfortunately it was when the Pickers shop was closed. Smaller than what one would think but they have built an addition since then.

Here is an 84 page visitors guide.

Waterloo | Cedar Falls Visitors Guide 2016

Good luck and good shooting.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts