Flashmax,

Things better?

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Things to do in Denver? Well you could always follow
your own advice:
Cute. I see I live in your head rent free too. You and jethro make a sweet pair. You the catcher?

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flashmax,

Things better?
Some. VA installing liquid oxygen tankage in garage and truck today. Will have to see if it is enough. Starting to look like no more State Shoots for me for at least a while and no multi-day out of town shoots either. Might be able to work the admin side at GGC but it is week by week. Two months before the Cardiologists decide whether to ablate me or not and my'Lifesource' bp monitor constantly reminds me I am in fibrillation alternating with flutter. Feel fine at rest but .......

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Things to do in Denver. SIT IN TRAFFIC!!!!!;
HeH. Mobile parking lot. It isn't too bad if you know an alternate route or two.

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
Well shucks.

Wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

·
Banned
643 Posts
Don...you have to realize the calibre of people you are responding to on this forum.
Most of them don't have a clue what a sensitive movie curtails. This is one of the most prophetic movies made and certainly one of the best acting jobs by Andy Garcia.
Steve Bucismi, the nerdy hit man, was fabulous. A suspense , spiritual and love story all rolled up into one. Yes, a truly superb film.
Boat Drinks!
"He's a brown boy....a doogy eater. Very funny part.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don, dang the bad luck!! Knew you were ailing at Delta but didn't know the whole story. As we talked at the registration table I told you that a cardioversion was scheduled for me. No more afib after procedure, as yet. Been 3 weeks and 5 pills a day and getting a little stronger each day. Hang in there buddy there are more bio's waiting for you to break at Pueblo!

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don, dang the bad luck!! Knew you were ailing at Delta but didn't know the whole story. As we talked at the registration table I told you that a cardioversion was scheduled for me. No more afib after procedure, as yet. Been 3 weeks and 5 pills a day and getting a little stronger each day. Hang in there buddy there are more bio's waiting for you to break at Pueblo!
Wasn't able even with full blast oxy to comfortably shoot an event so figured to at least make myself useful at the admin side of the shoot. Long as a stayed calm it was ok but it got real tired now and again. Glad to hear you are doing better. Just a matter of time here I think.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So Friday, the 17th of March, after 8 months + the VA is going to cardiovert me. Hope it helps with the weakness and oxygen demand.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don, is this your first cardiovert? I afibed in April of last year and again Feb 9 this year. The second time the ER Doc tried chemical convertion and that was tango uniform. Then cardioverted with paddles and walked out 2 hours later. Saw Cardiologist one week later and he ordered stress test one week after office visit. Maxed the tread mill test, test results showed no abnormalities in ticker. See cardio guy May 11 for follow up. I'm bouncing back quicker this time but not pushing, just staying active to keep blood and O2 flowing. Hang in there buddy, it is fixin to get better. Come down to Pueblo and we'll compare notes, over bio targets of course.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First one. I haven't been able to hold a shotgun up for a full round since last year. That single handicap event at the State Shoot was the last time I 've been able.

I'm hoping the cardiovert will let my heart pump a full volume instead of just partial flow. I can't walk more than 100 yards before my legs give out and general weakness. Standing up for any length of time does the same thing. Pulmonary tests show compromise from the pneumonia but the holter monitor showing afib/aflutter at 98% of the time got cardiology up off their chair. If it works I will get back out and shoot, if not I will do the admin stuff as long as I can force myself to stay involved in a sport I love but can't take part in.

Thanks for the update and hoping everything works for you too. The sport is losing old phartz too often lately.

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
Wishing you best, Don.

·
Premium Member
5,258 Posts
Good luck on your procedure Friday.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, here is the report.

The procedure failed to return me to regular rhythm. They hit me with increasing energy for three tries but my heart is at least as stubborn as the rest of me so it didn't work. I'm no worse than before and there were no clots shook loose to cause a stroke so I'm OK. The electrode pads are about 3 x 5 inches and they don't make a low resistance contact with the skin so they leave a patch shaped burn on the skin. Hurts a little.

Next visit to Cardiology is on the 26th. Who knows what they are going to try next. It's the g d VA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts