Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they

half the time I use the factory Browning chokes, the other half the Mullers. Maybe it's BS to some, but I'm breaking more targets with the lighter, tighter, black aluminum tubes. Basically using the U1/U2 combo (equivalent to IC/LM). They also lighten up the the tip of the barrels. I like 'em...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think some of that was my fault. I inadvertently forgot to lube the threads prior to installing the choke tubes. Originally, I thumbed on a thin layer of CLP onto the choke threads. Also, I have some replacements coming. If it wouldn't be that I was breaking more clay with them, I would have just sent all of them back. But, there is a distinct difference in my dead birds -- picking up at least 3-4 more broken targets per round of 50. Right now, I'm pleased, but that could change with the wind...

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
You do understand that Browning factory choke tubes are more open than other mfgrs because Browning rates their chokes by the pattern in a 30" circle instead of constriction like every other manufacturer. There was an earlier thread on this very topic that you might find with the search feature.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I also thought you gave up on the Mullers Slugo. Nice to see you're still hanging in there. Don't forget to stick that U3 in for the long ones at LVSC:) I've never had any trouble with any of mine and that's all I use in my Blasers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts