173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article3602711.ece

..and finished with cholera.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081204/ap_on_re_af/af_zimbabwe

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
This is what has happened all over Africa and the third World when you put people two generations removed from the stone age in charge of a modern state.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Colonization put an end to tribal warfare in much of the world. The Soviet Union did the same thing. Made it too uncomfortable for all concerned. No colonization and back to the same old stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Talk about threads that should be removed!!! I have never seen so much blatant racism as I have seen since I joined shooting forums! Disgusting!

I thought I was joining a like minded group, I sure hope you guys are a minority here.

John Menke

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Ah, yes. Zimbabwe, that icon of capitalistic enterprise!! (Wrote he, with tongue planted firmly in cheek.)

Oh, and lest we forget. The first lady of South Africa, Winnie Mandela, worldly famous for having foes "necklaced"

Ahhh! Civilization.

Best,
Dennis

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Race has nothing to do with it. Western Europe and its extention, the US and Canada have been governed under gradual "civilization" for about 400 years. Pre-1600 Europe was not very civilized. It was very tribal, brutal and agrarian. Much like pre 1900 Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Mexico south.

Cultural patterning takes generations to change. What we consider modern civilization is in contrast to many of these patterns and particularly to the Muslim religion that is dominant in all these area except South America and sub-Suharan Africa.

If I would have gone to Oxford all I would be is an Okie with an Oxford Degree. Same thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
WNCRob "Tank it somewhere else"?

jemnke "I have never seen so much blatant racism", Sorry to say it's the

truth folks. How many rights do the Whites have? Use the "N word" and you

will find out. But the blacks can call you any damn thing they want. Oh I

forgot, that isn't racism.

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Well, ya know, "white power" bumper stickers are hate speech, and "black Power" denotes racial pride.

What doesn't belong on this forum is white guilt apologism A(sometimes called Diversity).

There are a lot of dead Afrikaner farmers who worked all their life to be killed by someone who thought they had a right.

mencke and rob, just who do you think is the minority here?

I prefer the company of people who can think for themself without being told what is right or wrong by some high school social studies teacher.

HM

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Before it got out of hand they would just kill the family dog and amputate one leg from each of the livestock. Guess their hatred got the better of them, or they just got bored.

Is Mugabe going to be at the inauguration? Wonder what flag pin he'll have is his lapel.

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
How about Obama's brother? Save a seat for him. He should start now wo his raft gets here in time.

We got a real hero for a prez-elect, denies his own brother.

HM

·
Registered
16 Posts
JBrooks, I'm glad you clarified that. So, you're not a racist, you're just saying that an "African" American is less civilized than a "European" American. Sounds reminiscent of some of the justification given for slavery.

To some of the other comments: The fact that other cultures have racists, doesn't justify racism.

I hate political correctness too, but does that justify extreme incorrectness?

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
You sound like Trappy.

I think you should go read the text of some of the Lincoln-Douglas debates, you might get a new perspective.

Especially what Lincoln thought about the Black Man.

HM

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Mr Menke, You should move to Philadelphia,Pa. for awile and go into the Italian, Polish, and Afro American sections. you can see there civilation starts and ends.

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
I have to apologize, put the link in the image box. Original post iis corrected and here also is the link.

Let's hear from the white apologists.

HM

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Augie,,funny you should bring up Lincoln,, little known fact that he was very close to sending all slaves back to Africa,, I happen to have a book containing all the letters he wrote congress during his term in office,,,yet the brothers think he was their hero,,

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.