Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Them Big Ol

Howdy, Boys:

You know those big ol' cans of cheese, beans, etc., you see for sale at Sam's Club? They must be about 1 gallon or more, and some of them have a plastic cover. Well, I would like to find some of them (with plastic cover) to pour my shot into after I open up a new bag of shot. Do any of you know where the best place is to find them? I do not wish to dive into every restaurant dumpster in Cullman, Alabama. I would reckon some of you know what type restaurant is the best bet for getting them with the plastic cover. Please provide information. I was thinking of a Mexican joint? I am much obliged to those who would help me.

Mike

·
Registered
886 Posts
1.75L plastic booze bottles work well and pour great.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sunny Delight plastic orange juice jug. Holds exactly 25 lbs of shot. Top screws on. No oxidation. Used them for a couple of years now.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cheap containers from the dollar store.

They easily hold 3/4 bag a shot for a small one I don't open a bag unless I'm going to use some of it to load

·
Registered
354 Posts
check into some liquid laundry soap bottles. I have some, but they have changed the design since I got mine. the ones I have, even have a pour spout. Gary

·
Registered
662 Posts
All of my shot is in the plastic bottles that cranberry, apple, and grape juice come in. Like Dr. Honk says holds 25 pounds and never oxidizes. They never rot or let the shot get wet. Paul in GINebraska.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I use two half gallon milk jugs with the screw on tops. The snap on trops are OK also. 25 pounds of shot is too heavy and I like the half gallon size better. Ray

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Mike, I can tell you that one of those restaurants there in Cullman serves up the absolute best steak east of my back yard. I don't remember the name but it was a few miles out of town in what looked like an old gas station. Huge steaks and cheaper than dirt. They said the owners owned a feed lot. I'll drive a lot of miles out of my way if I ever get back close.

Gary

·
Registered
33,906 Posts
If you save your four and eight pound powder kgs, you can store shot in them.

Place them in a group, use boards to place on the top of them, then place another row of kegs on top of the first layer.

·
Supporting Vendor
6,057 Posts
Second for the cranberry juice plastic jugs. They have a 1-1/4" opening so you can insert a large funnel. Secure screw cap. They hold a full 25 pounds of shot. They are easy to grip.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
3rd for the 2 liter Pop bottles. That is all I use, and 25 lbs of shot comes up to just the top of the label on Sam's Club containers.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I use the plastic coffee containers. The lid snaps back on and I "dip" my shot out and pour it in my loader as I need it. I have a line of containers on the back of the table with each labeled as to the size. I even have one for #6 shot when pheasants lived in iowa.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
To answer your question, contact your local high school food director. Our cafeteria threw away dozens each week. The shop teachers used them for lots of things in lab classes.

·
Registered
868 Posts
empty plastic Sobieski vodka and Tropicana OJ bottles. For some strange reason alot of them seem to wind up together in my recycle bin on monday mornings.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.