Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am among a lot of trapshooters that I think are growing VERY TIRED of the constant bickering between the ILL./Ohio bunch! It' sort of like the Civil war. GET OVER IT! First Sparta was certainly NOT my first choice as a location but, it IS where it is now. NOTHING is going to change that! The ATA leadership blew it years ago when they sat with their heads in the sand, thinking the air port wouldn't eventually run us off! We had to pack up and move. It was too late to think about having a place large enough to hold the Grand and the ATA took the deal ILL. offered. The Grand more than likely isn't going back to Ohio and it's not going to Las Vegas either! Instead of this constant bickering about where it IS or where people think it SHOULD be, we need to be thinking about trying to preserve the Grand as an event. How many on here have actually signed the petition to keep the WSRC open in order to have the Grand continue? I really believe some people would like to see the Grand "DIE" rather than preserve it if they can't get it where they want it! And Some of the ILL. crowd aren't much better! I have constantly seen personal attacks by BOTH sides simply for having an opposing opinion. Also I think if the Grand was forced to move that some of the ILL. bunch would be just as big a bunch of cry babies as their Ohio opponent were when it left there! I seriously doubt some people on here would act in public the way they do siting behind a key board and wouldn't say things to people's faces that they do here!! People need to be aware there are anti gunners who read this site also. Acting like a bunch of spoiled children fighting over the ball at recess sure isn't giving a very positive image of trapshooters or, gun owners in general for that matter! Don't think for one minute the members of the ILL. government ( good and bad) won't take a hard look at the attitude of support or non support of the WSRC by people who are they are told want to still use it. A lot of them may not care about shooters but, they care about a dollar bill! We had better start acting like we are on the same team or we will lose the game before it really gets started! I think a lot of people don't take this seriously. The liberal Politicians in Chicago bulldozed an entire down town AIRPORT ( and without the proper authority to do it) once so don't scoff at them! The Liberal Democrats control BOTH houses in the ILL. government! The first rule in any conflict is NEVER underestimate your opponent! I do think the WSRC has a chance of surviving this (at least for awhile) but I don't think we are out of the woods yet! Our priority SHOULD be preserving the event itself! Let's hope we can do that!

·
Registered
32,265 Posts
Slide,

I gots to axe. In view of the content of your post, wanting us to get over it, why did you start another thread on this issue?

Snicker, snicker, snicker.

Reactions: trapshootin hippie

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Slide Action,
I will be in Sparta in August, I really enjoy my time there.
There is little can be done with the haters.
Many will never come around and in fact have given up registered shooting.

It up to the rest of us to move on and enjoy ATA shooting and the WRSC.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
I will probably never get to Sparta (I really wanted to get to Vandalia too but just couldn't justify the cost and still can't) but I like the fact we (ATA members) have a world class facility to hold our most important tournament at. The whole Ohio/Illinois squabble that seems to know no end will never advance this sport and will only drag it down, especially now, in a time when the very existence of WRSC is not guaranteed. So many here target the EC with their scorn. I've only known 2 past ATA presidents and I know how much of their own time and personal resources they've given to the sport they love. Sure, maybe the whole losing/leaving Vandalia deal was mismanaged....but it's over and done with, just like my own home trap club is but a memory. I didn't stop shooting trap just because a group of A-holes destroyed it...I moved on and went to the nearest place I could continue to enjoy trapshooting.
I hope the WSRC problem gets solved in the ATA's favor. But if it isn't, and their is a desire to find another solution, so be it. Rant over.

Ron Burr
Lethbridge, Alberta
ATA Life Member since '78

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slide,

I gots to axe. In view of the content of your post, wanting us to get over it, why did you start another thread on this issue?

Snicker, snicker, snicker.
Probably because just tacking it on the other threads it would only get lost in the tireless conflict! I really don't want to take part in another US against them thread about "location"! After awhile people will just give up on it when it when becomes a constant p!**ing contest! There are some who really care about the Grand and want it to continue. I hope those can rally to a unified cause and we can move on! If the grand gets to stay at Sparta I will attend it there. If we lose it there," Hopefully" we can find another place.!

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
Good post Slide, it also fills in the history of how the move came about for the newer members here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts