Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter has officially arrive in Troy Mississippi. I saw the first Wood Cock of the season, just after sunset yesterday. When I was a kid I never could figure out why we never saw any till rabbit season in January. In fact nobody even knew what they were. My dad said they were "Snipes". They were about the only thing that flew that I could hit, I guess because they held so close that I could just point at them. All the other flying creatures that required any amount of lead were pretty safe from me.

Michael Goines

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I did not see a lot in my area in New Brunswick this fall Michael. Enjoy, they are special to some of us, especially with the dog. Annie, my english setter loves them and I love watching her.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,

If these are the same Timberdoodles that started off in New Brunswick, they are safe from me. The only times I see them are after shooting hours. I have a ladder stand where a natural gas pipe line cross the upper end of my lake, I walk the gas line back to the house. From now till deer season ends at the end of January I usually see a couple every evening. Sometimes I just here them tee teeing.

Michael

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
They nest in our morel picking area. They are absolutely invisible until they move. Cool little fellers.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts