Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Teams That Haven

Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Minn Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Phil Eagles, San Diego Chargers, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars and the Tenn Titans. I know some of these teams are new teams but there are enough of them who have been around for some time.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Wrong,Philly Eagles have been to Super Bowl,Lost to the Raiders and Jim Plunkett

Doug H.(Pa)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
One of the Championships was 1960 against Lombardi and Bart Starr

I'm begginnig to think Auctioneer must be awfully Young not to remember the Eagles and th Purple People eaters as we called the Vikings at that time.Allen Paige and the crew were an awesome defense.

Doug H.(Pa).

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
You are all wrong about who never went to the super bowl.

There are only 4 teams:

Cleveland Browns

Houston

Jacksonville

Detroit....Detroit is the only non-expansion team not to make the super bowl.

You have to go about half way down the above website to find the information.ee

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Wow. Just five of the teams you listed have never been to the Super Bowl. Arizona, Atlanta, Minnesota (4), Buffalo (4), Carolina, Cincinnati (2), Philadelphia (2), and San Diego have all played in the Super Bowl. (Buffalo played in four straight from 1990-1993, and lost all four.)

Danny

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
likes to shoot,I beg to differ,You said we were ALL wrong,I just pointed out the Eagles went,and shooter111 did the same with the vikings,we didn't list who hasn't gone only Auctioneer did that.But thanks for the list ahyways,Maybe Auctioneer will vivit it.

Doug H.(Pa.)

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Cleveland Browns (The original Browns won 4 of 6 NFL championship appearances and went to 3 AFC championships: 1986, 1987, and 1989. Then they became the Baltimore Ravens and won a Super Bowl. The new Browns team is an expansion team that began in 1999, and lost their only playoff game in 2002)

I should have stated that Auctioneer was wrong.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
The Bills never won in any of their trips to the Super Bowl but were the team that has the most wins in the 90's with four members from those teams in the Hall of fame...QB Jim Kelley, Lineman Bruce Smith, RB Thurman Thomas and WR Andre Reed. ed

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This just shows how the internet info can be wrong. Sorry for that.

I went to another site and got better info. I hope. LOL The dates are the first time they were there.

Arizona Cardinals went in 2009 XLIII

Atlanta Falcons 1999 XXXIII

Buffalo Bills 1992 XXVI

Minn Vikings 1970 IV

Carolina Panthers 2004 XXXVIII

Cincinnati Bengals 1982 XVI

Phil Eagles 1981 XV

San Diego Chargers 1995 XXIX

Tenn Titans 2000 XXXIV

That leaves Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, that haven't gone to the SuperBowl.

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Bills are also tied for the most number of appearances without a victory @ 4.

They lead the most number of consecutive appearances without a victory, also @ 4 LOL.

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
I thought that the Bills lost 5 super bowls with the same QB. Yes, it was 4 in a row, but there was a 5th a couple of years before or after the 4 in a row. Jim Kelly was the QB. No other professional team in sports (basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer whatever), no matter what type of team ever went to the biggest game and lost all "5". break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Buffalo lost 4 times.

Denver is the first team to lose 5 times in the S/B

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Trivia: The Detroit Lions played in the first NFL championship game in 1932 as the Portsmouth Spartans against the Chicago Bears on an 80 yard indoor "field." After becoming the Lions they won the NFL championship in 1935 defeating the New York Giants with many of the original Portsmouth Spartan players participating.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts