Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost all the equipment is ready.My son is helping me put covers on scores stand. Knocking weeds down. Today the club members that were going to help score, sell food and load Trap houses will be busy. Just found out that the club now only has two field employees. One only works weekend and the other 5 days a week no overtime.
There will be two different Sporting clay Charity shoots.
They will not work my Big 50. Thank god Kym will be doing the ATA in the office.
I guess life is good!. Yes I do take my work home.
Steve
Sky Wheel Automotive tire Tire Road surface
Sky Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tree

·
Premium Member
20,487 Posts
Good luck with your shoot Steve. I'm sure from all of your hard work it will be a good shoot. Some glitches maybe, but it will be good!

Reactions: shotgunpeople

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good luck with your shoot Steve. I'm sure from all of your hard work it will be a good shoot. Some glitches maybe, but it will be good!
I'll echo those remarks. been following your posts on trying to get the club going again. Interesting to read about traps replaced, repaired, rattlesnakes, lack of support. I applaud your efforts, Big 50's a good way to go, shooters love 'em, they go fast, and you can run them with minimal help. Get some pizza or subs cut up, or fried chicken brought in, and you will have alot of repeat shooters coming back, Also if you can get into a set time, like 2nd sat of the month or whatever, for 3 or 4 months in your busy time. Gives people a chance to looking forward meeting people, competing , etc. Wish you the best of luck my friend.

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll echo those remarks. been following your posts on trying to get the club going again. Interesting to read about traps replaced, repaired, rattlesnakes, lack of support. I applaud your efforts, Big 50's a good way to go, shooters love 'em, they go fast, and you can run them with minimal help. Get some pizza or subs cut up, or fried chicken brought in, and you will have alot of repeat shooters coming back, Also if you can get into a set time, like 2nd sat of the month or whatever, for 3 or 4 months in your busy time. Gives people a chance to looking forward meeting people, competing , etc. Wish you the best of luck my friend.
Thanks for the support guys. Baby steps. Hoping to have a tournament when I have a relative crew.
This crew of just me has proven I don't give up.
Just finished up two more scores chair. Two more to build from scratch. So happy my son came over to assist.

The 2022 Corvette was not injured in the picture. Lol
Steve
Tent Shade Plant Leisure Vehicle
Blue Plant Tree Shade Gas
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Shade

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The fruits may be rotting on the vine.
While loading targets into Trap houses I was told to stop. May 13-14 the sporting clay are having a shoot on each day.
It appears they didn't order enough targets. They may need to take some of mine. They were going to call and see if Homer had any. Also use my trailer to go pick up them
Suddenly I was told I wasn't charging enough for targets.
Why didn't I have an exact number of shooters.
How much was I charging for food and if the money was going to the club.
Steve
Can't wait for the Board meeting next week

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow...what a load of crap. They would never see my trailer on the property again.
This has been going on for years. After all my work I won't walk away.
Just had nominations for board elections I am on the Ballot.
will know next week. May 5th. I am not involved in another fight with some of the board but that will take place at the Board meeting.
Trap -Skeet - Sporting Clays shooter all need to show to show up.
Steve

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
What a shameful bunch at that club.

We had that situation years ago at our old home club, and when asked, my wife ran for President, won, and at her first meeting she asked for UNITY amongst the shooters.

With that, every venue of shooters came together and began a long journey of helping each other for the GOOD OF THE CLUB, not just one group against the other which was killing the club in previous years.

Good luck Steve, and I do hope these SC people will see the fruits of your labor, and HELP you rather than try to hinder you.

You are one in a million Steve. 👍

Been there and done that, and I (as well as others on here) know the feeling all too well.

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Kudos on the great attitude. Good luck with the meeting. Finding unity among club members is a difficult task at times. Sometimes you just need to wait things out, others you have to shake them up. knowing when to do which is the hard part...
You are correct
Only Been working on it for 5 years now
Lol
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now recruiting volunteers or paid persons to score, load trap houses and sell food.
The club has a Sporting clays tournament on May 14 and I am on my own.
Life gets better.
Putting up flyers at the club tomorrow and at the board meeting I will ask club members for help.
Steve

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
The fruits may be rotting on the vine.
While loading targets into Trap houses I was told to stop. May 13-14 the sporting clay are having a shoot on each day.
It appears they didn't order enough targets. They may need to take some of mine. They were going to call and see if Homer had any. Also use my trailer to go pick up them
Suddenly I was told I wasn't charging enough for targets.
Why didn't I have an exact number of shooters.
How much was I changing for food and if the money was going to the club.
Steve
Can't wait for the Board meeting next week
Reading this thread.
Being the guy in charge are you talking to everyone that can either help or get in the way?
The worst feeling is running into a wall and realizing that the information that would have removed the wall is still on a paper in my pocket!

My 2cents

Al

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Reading this thread.
Being the guy in charge are you talking to everyone that can either help or get in the way?
The worst feeling is running into a wall and realizing that the information that would have removed the wall is still on a paper in my pocket!

My 2cents

Al
Sadly I am the only guy.
I am posting up additional flyers looking for help. Still waiting on Mike to send out my flyer to club members
Unfortunately it has become a one shooting sport club and Trap and Skeet aren't in it.
Currently the Board is looking at leasIng the club out to Nick Berry for 30 years Sporting clays.
What happens will be what it will be

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's stupid that the club hasn't sent out my flyer about the shoot.He has had it sent to him by me several times.
Even talked to him on the phone.
Tomorrow night is the board meeting. I may get enough from the mail in ballots
I am slowly learning what the last Club president went through before he quit.
I won't quit.
Life is good.
Have lots of Xanax for my PTSD
Steve

1 - 20 of 65 Posts