Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something new in shooting - the television tie-in looks like someone is interested in showing clay target shooting to the rest of the country. I wish them luck. If they make it, who knows?

Neil

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Thank you Neil, looks interesting. Also, I'm sure you noticed that Allen Chubb has been very successful in obtaining some sponsors at his facility.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
A lot of shooters may watch TV type of shooting but how would that attract the non shooting public? Even trap shooters won't watch their own shoot-offs in person to any great degree? If they are there already and don't watch, what makes anyone think because it's on TV they would or anyone else?

Possibly televising the shoot-offs via a modified format may stand a chance in SCs or other kinds of shotgun competitions. Other than that I can't see how this will sell to John Q. Public at all! I wish them all the best of luck regardless!!

HAP

·
Registered
585 Posts
It's all about proper presentation, and leaving out the boring parts. In other words, a 2 hour shootoff will become 5 or 10 minutes of TV. It's the same thing they do with Poker on television. They take an all day event and turn it into 30 minutes of broadcast.

Mark

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
"Why are only eight women allowed to compete? HMB"

It would seem they need a few women to make the show..If you look at the top shooters, vs. the number of shooters picked for the show, there are not 8 women in the top of sporting clays. So they picked a few! and the top Woman shooter is not in the program. Most likely because she is in school, and can't get enough time off.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Professional Sporting Clays Asso ... The ATA don't have any professionals do they, pray tell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm in it. 4 shoots next year, 100k payout per shoot. All private funding. Only the top 26 will qualify for the money. Saturday will be qualifing rounds. Should be interesting and hopefully successful. Lets hope it brings more shooters to all of our shooting sports.

William

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I remember when they had some kind of shooting show on TV way way back Frank Little was on it they shot some kind of targets on a grid did not last long. Hard to compete with X Box people are used to a blitz of action and fast moving. This is not the world we grew up in

·
Registered
87 Posts
I shot sporting clays yesterday for the first time and I have to say that I am sold. It was very fun and challenging.I plan on shooting a lot more next year. Good luck I hope it works out.

Ted

1 - 20 of 29 Posts