Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
19,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack Seehase was some kind of a NASA Phd engineer and a trap shooter. I forget his actual job and employer as I am doing this from foggy Monday memory. But he was a force that commanded attention about 20 some years ago. He put out a brochure that talked about porting, chokes, barrel vibrations and much more. I do not suggest he had all the answers, but he makes for interesting reading for us shooter junkies. In fact any shooter of shotguns. The pics below are jpg scans and hard to read. I have his brochure in a zip file and will be happy to forward it to any one that sends me an email request. Adn for those of you that have something to add about Seehase or his shotgun work, feel free to comment below. As always I take no offense to what ever you want to say about shooting on a post other than dumb stuff.

Jack

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I had Jack do his barrel tuning magic around 1974 or so on my Browning Broadway. There were no visable signs of anything being done but I know for a fact that he improved the pattern of the gun by comparing my before and after pattern sheets.

Eric

·
Registered
399 Posts
Jack just sent me the file and I have read it.

Parts of it are complete rubbish. In general it is claims (which may or may not be true, and may or may not be relevant) without sufficient (any) evidence in support.

It does raise the question of how do you decide who and what to believe. FWIW, Seehase says backboring and lengthened cones are undesirable. Of course, other "experts" say that they are beneficial. Who do you believe?

Andrew.

·
Sky Buster
4,127 Posts
Jack:

I had Seehase tune the barrel on a TM-1 I had years ago.
I also installed one of his pads. The pads really worked
well. His theory on porting and recoil reduction makes
for interesting reading. I gave that same brochure to
Neil Winston.

John P.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I will take a copy Jack. I used a lot of his pads in years past and had severl conversations with him

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.