Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of "The Road to Yesterday", or does anybody have a copy they would sell?--Thanks

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Got mine in 2010 from his daughter Susan Baldwin Sturdevant living in Connecticut. She mentions that it is the first and only printing. It is a great book and worth the $40.00 I paid back then. Its time I read it again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I purchased my book in 2005 before I met Dick. I don't remember why I didn't pick it up at the time of purchase, maybe to have it signed. I had made a donation to the Hall Of Fame and one of the ladies in the office told him about my donation and I had a nice note enclosed above his signature when I got my book. We had a chance to talk briefly when we were staying at a Waterloo motel while shooting at Sparta. I wish I had gotten to know him better. One thing he mentioned was he would like see a movie made about the Topperweins. I don't know how involved he would have been or even if he would have been involved. What a wealth of information in that book. Mine will never be for sale at any price and I know some people who are loaded.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Have a New extra copy autographed by Dick Baldwin. It has been wrapped in bubble wrap since I purchased when he was selling them at The Grand...
PM if interested.

Sportalluring

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled into it. I knew Dick (and his Dad, Cliff) quite well. I grew up trapshooting at Wooster Mountain Gun Club, where I worked as a trap boy in my early teens. Dick worked with me and got me started shooting trap, and in return for some shells I cut his and his Dad's grass. Great deal, if you were a young shooter. Because of Dick and Cliff I became a lifelong Remington fanboy.

Looking now for his book; I'll be back in Danbury, CT soon and will be shooting some trap up at Wooster Mountain while there.
Bob
I got my first copy from Dick himself one year at the Grand. I was able to get a second copy from his daughter Susan Baldwin Sturdevant. She had a few copies left but that was about 3 or 4 years ago. I believe she lives in FL. now. I used to have the address but don't think I kept it. Maybe nitro27man might be able to help you since he is a former Remington rep. and knew Dick Baldwin well. It is a Great book indeed!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Great read about the history of our sport. I especially like the chapter regarding the loooong shoot-off between George Snellenberger and Dan Orlich.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have this book along with a thank you note from his daughter, Sarah B Parker.Purchased it years ago at the Grand.
Lots of great trapshooting storys.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have 2.One Is a signed copy I bought from Dick years ago at the Silver Dollar, and one I got as a trophy.Neither are for sale.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Might put a thread in the wanted section here.
Someone might have a copy they want to sell, good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're wanting to get a copy to read, you might try your local library. I happened to find one at ours still in circulation.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I was blessed to meet and become friends with Dick Baldwin before he passed.

What a mind that fellow had. I was waiting for him to autograph the book I bought from him and as we chatted I mentioned I was from Canandaigua NY.

He immediately told me he set the traps for the NY state shoot in 1951 at Canandaigua, and his father Cliff was the cashier.

I told him I had one of the 2 traps that we used at Canandaigua when I began setting targets out there in 1961, and we developed a real repour after that.

A fine man and historian lost way too soon.

Here is the trap that I completely refurbished that Dick and I both set targets on, only 10 years apart.
TRAP WESTERN WHITE FLYER.jpg

WESTERN WW 5.JPG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts