Trapshooters Forum banner

The return of an old favorite - Prescott

2564 Views 16 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  tomk2
After a 16 year break, The Prescott Trap and Skeet Club will be the Arizona site of the 2021 Western Zone, July 16-18, and it marks Prescott's return to registered shooting. Next door is Orchard Ranch RV park (55 and older) and others are in the area; there is no RV parking at the club. Both Prescott and Prescott Valley offer a lot of hotel rooms, and don't forget Prescott's famous Whiskey Row. The event will be shot over 4 fields. Prescott is usually temperate that time of year, running about 15 degrees cooler than either Phoenix or Tucson. Any questions, give me a call or send an email. That information is listed on AZTRAPS.COM.
John Bergman
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6,619 Posts
Vendome hotel, a couple blocks south of the Courthouse. Is a very neet, cool, good even great place. I took my wife there for a birthday trip two years ago and she wasn't ready to leave when we had to go on to follow our planned trip.

Being that Prescott is a summer destination reserving now may be to late for any hotel though.

Al

Reactions: JEB

· Registered
917 Posts
That is great news. I shot my first round of trap there when I was in high school. My grandpa is still a member there but in his 90’s and doesn’t shoot much anymore. I may try to make it down for that shoot if I can get the time off.

· Registered
7,258 Posts
Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
89 Posts
You had me right until "no RV Parking".

I was seriously planning on it but that may sway my decision. That's the one shoot this summer the wife (and dogs) can get away with me.

I'll hit you up at Vernal for more information

Don

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The program is at the printers. There will be 100 Singles, Doubles and Caps on Friday, 200 Singles on Saturday and Doubles and Handicap on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday are Championship days.
John Bergman

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
What’s the weather usually like in Prescott that time of year?
JEB said: “Prescott is usually temperate that time of year, running about 15 degrees cooler than either Phoenix or Tucson.”

And Al said: “Being that Prescott is a summer destination reserving now may be to late for any hotel though.”

So …..

Reactions: Gauss

· Registered
7,258 Posts
Maybe, that should be monsoon season, although there hasn't been much of a monsoon lately.
I have it on good authority that the monsoon will start the day after the shoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.