Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is tongue in cheek and totally off topic but ...

There was a feller joking about Laphroaig Single Malt. He claimed he was going to consume 3 drams of the nectar. I tell him it is a stone blasphemy. When tasting of the Nectar one must remember that as he sips and enjoys that first drap the alcohol numbs his taste buds to the point that the second and subsequent draps are wasted. Their heaven is stolen by the first taste. So the answer is to buy a second and larger capacity of some second tier Scots Whiskey like Johnny Walker Red so that the memory of the Laphroaig isn't sullied and lost by the taset buds that can't remember anyway.

Don T

·
Registered
20,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evening. Chris tells me he has been messaging with you. He arrived in St. Paul Sunday night but went on to his in-laws place in Michigan for Christmas.

I hope everyone here has a very Merry and pleasant Christmas.

Don T

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
One sip of the good stuff. Then switch to Everclear. Gotcha.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Yikes Everclear. I had one experience with that liquid fire and it was a bad one. Perhaps I overdid it a tad bit but it left me hurt'n for a whole day after. Many a time have I woke the next morning after a night of partaking in liquor induced fun and said "never again". The one time that "Never again" actually rang true was after a night of Everclear. I have never and will never touch that stuff to my lips again. Yikes!!!!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
a friend of mine made some outstanding bloody marys once at a party. They were so hot and violent, that the first one was painful, but it numbed your senses so that the second one was delicious! After the first batch was comsumed, he made the second batch and forgot the vidka. No one could tell the difference!
Mietros' famous "Red Ones"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts