Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK boys and girls I need you help.

I am a skeet shooter (forgive me)and at the beginning of the season I was running straights at will--now I am in the low 20's. At clinics the possibility of being cross eye dominant has been mentioned.
I am 71 and have been shooting for 15 years.

Any thoughts or comments would be welcome. Do I give in and go for the patch?
The one comment about giving up shooting is not a option.

Thanks to all and shoot well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm 69 and shoot skeet once or twice weekly.
I have INTERMITTENT left-eye dominance. I carry an extra set of specs with the PATCH for emergencies... works well for me, but I don't shoot for $$$.
///olde pharte///
ML Johnson

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You could always make a sight blinder out of a piece of hack saw blade and use two sided tape to stick it on.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
CHEAP\EASY test--- old--dark-- scratched--clip-on sun glasses, remove the on side lens, now you have something you can easily flip up & down to see if it helps. This does not totally obscure the off side eye just cuts down the light to that eye and makes you focus more with the on side eye. Just DON'T lift your head to see the tgt, wait a split second longer or maybe change hold point slightly til you clearly see the tgt.

This may take a few rounds (of 25) to get used to. Ross Puls

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
I have to shoot with 'the patch' or a piece of tape on my left lens, because I see two guns, and two targets. I don't know which target to shoot with which barrel. LOL.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Are you missing high 6, I was. Solved the problem by calling for the bird and then closing my left eye, got the right lead with left eye closed and broke the bird. Might need to do it on high 5 too. I shoot with both eyes open on the rest of the stations. Give it a try and see if it solves the problem. HMB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts