Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Well known trouble maker
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to redo this post and eliminate the article in the newspaper as you need to be subscribed to read.

Instead, I screen grabbed the photos of the old plant.

It is now being turned into high end apartments.

Built in 1916, the Peters Cartridge Factory once produced 1.5 million cartridges per day to supply munitions to Allied soldiers during World Wars I and II.

Snow Building Car Tire Window
Fixture Window Wood Hall Floor
Property Window Building Fixture Wood
Building Sky Snow Window Plant
Window Fixture Wood Interior design Hall
Building Window Daytime Brickwork Brick
Sky Tree Building Tower Road surface

· Registered
36,813 Posts
Website requires subscription to read article. Got past the first couple blocks then stopped.

“This content is only available to subscribers”

I was kinda of leery clicking on the thread because I did not see the word “cartridge“ the first time I read it. Only after I read the headline again was I brave enough to open it, but no use.

· Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I have photographed the old Peters CARTRIDGE company site many times. When the Grand was in Vandalia and I was the sales rep in Ohio (1985-88) whenever I was in the area I would cruise by. Still in awe of all that went on on that site...

Here are two photos I have digitized. If I find the numerous others, will post them sometime.

Scott Hanes

Sky Building Tree Tower Plant

Sky Building Tower Clock Fixture

· Well known trouble maker
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice job skeet man!

I should have gone your route and provided a web page capture.

But I didn't want to scare Rick and trick him into thinking he was being transferred to the petting zoo VIP site.

And just a side note Rick, you didn't fool site administrator DukeFan for one second pretending to be Rosie O'Donnell the last time you logged in!

· Registered
7,102 Posts
1.5 million a day STILL isnt enough, even today!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Nah! Cleaned out decades ago. DuPont probably had to do that when the production shut down. (?)
Cartridge production ceased in July 1944. In August 1944 an explosion of propellant killed 1 person and wrecked 4 buildings.

Delco Remy took the plant over that year and made parts for Higgins boats.

Near the end of 1944, Columbia Records purchased the facility. They used the facility to press vinyl records. In 1946 Columbia shut down the engine room (smokestack needed for). Columbia ceased production in 1948; sold the complex to the Seagram Distillery company in 1950.

Scott Hanes

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.