Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious on a few things...
1. Do only the NEW TT-15 come with the factory adjustable butt plates?
2. It appears the NEW TT-15 stock with the adjustable butt plate is quite different than the gun that doesn't..is that the case? (it looks taller to me)
3. What is the main difference from the newest unsingle version and the previous?
4. From a person that actually purchased the new unsingle with the adjustable butt plate, what would I expect to pay for it out the door (so to speak) I prefer not to hear this price from a vender.

Dissclaimer
I know the perceived repretations of Tri-Star and other guns from turkey...so I don't need those comments.
I have owned (3) Tristars and still have one.
A good friend of mine (Sasquatch) just purchased a NEW Viper G3 and we both are impressed. He even purchased new wood for it (was synthetic)

For the price I want to buy the TT-15 unsingle...a gun to play with. I am trying to figure out if I should get the newest version or is it pretty much the same as the previous.
Thanx
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
To get that info I would call Tristar since they told me the '18 models should be shipped at this moment

Than you'll have the exact requested info

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good idea!
thanx
mike
Spoke to them last week since I am thinking to get a O/U TT-15 DX so the fixed butt plate version

The CTA stock fits the DX receiver apparently
Shoukd just be a swap

So if the LOP on the DX doesn't fit me this would be an easy 'fix'

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke to them last week since I am thinking to get a O/U TT-15 DX so the fixed butt plate version

The CTA stock fits the DX receiver apparently
Shoukd just be a swap

So if the LOP on the DX doesn't fit me this would be an easy 'fix'

Did you ask if you could get the DX w/ CTA in just an unsingle?
mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just checked online

Besides the Mono Trap and the Sporting they all have adjustable butt plates

The DX/ DXA are not listed anymore
Guess they are discontinued and replaced by the CTA models

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
I took a few pictures of the new model and spoke to Garrett from Tristar at the 2018 SHOT show with all the new features, if you're interested, you can look at my report starting on the #19 post of this thread with detailed pictures.

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/my-pictures-from-shot-show-2018.627849/

The adjustable butt plate is capable changing LOP and pitch.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Mike, not 100% sure, but I believe the unsingle is not a CTA. Only the combo is a CTA..Call tristar or Pat McCabe, he's a dealer and a member on TS.com. From what I understand...all the TT models use the same stock and easily interchangeable...Jim

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx all!
I wounder if they are going to offer the detachable trigger / deluxe in just an unsingle...
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just spoke to Tommy at Tristar
Only the CTA Deluxe will have the removable trigger group

So my next questions was the price of springs

Hammer spring $ 10.00 each

Firing pin $ 20.00 each

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
How many one line posts are you going to make on the same topic in an attempt to get your count up? Guess you didn't learn from that last go round of posting crap.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mike,
I assume he was talking to kingair.I am surprised he did not get banned earlier.It seems like he intentionally tried to get posters to post back so he could build up post count.I have nothing against Tri star,but to keep talking about any gun that much that he does not even own seems strange at best.I feel he does not intend to buy one either.JMHO.I could be wrong,if so buy the gun and go shoot it and then talk about the pros and cons like most shooters do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts