Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click the link to see what the new Grade 4 AR looks like. The nicely engraved receiver is smoke-gray and the wood on the one I handled was gorgeous.

It seems a little silly to have an adjustable rib without an adjustable comb, but the beads stacked nicely for me. I'd rather have a quality after-market adjustable comb than factory Browning anyway.

-Gary

PS: Despite Monsoor's "exclusive" claim, Sporstsman's Den in Ohio has the same gun for less and they have the plain AR for less too.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
You're right about that Gary,..much rather have someone do a top-notch aftermarket comb job on a piece of wood so pretty

·
Registered
80 Posts
There's nothing new about that gun its exactly the same as the BT99plus I bought new in 1991 minus the adjustable comb and recoil system. The "new" one is just a little bit prettier.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Great to see the Plus Guns being reintroduced, some what. I wonder if these will be the great value that the originals were. I still remember the Plus Guns being clearanced at the 1994 Grand. Guys were walking around with arm fulls of them. Hopefully, they will add the same rib to the Citori.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the smoke-gray receiver look, the high-end wood and the engraving that's new. Good for those who want to have something a little different in the gun rack without breaking the bank. Browning continues to offer some of the best values in new shotguns. Speaking of which, the 725 Citori is a stunning value at $2799.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Wow Riggs, had some disappointment with Browning? What trap guns have they done that with?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, then what about the plain one for $1959? Name another proven, adjustable rib shotgun you can buy new for under 2 grand.

God Bless Browning.

-Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts