Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
This article originally ran on Guns.com as “Sci-fi Marvel: The Ljutic Space Gun” on 1/16/2013 and has been edited for content.

I think this was edited for accuracy also

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
The article mentioned 20,000 Space Guns produced. I wonder if that is accurate.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
The article mentioned 20,000 Space Guns produced. I wonder if that is accurate.
The number was real close to two hundred. Some of the early Selkas were were called break open Space guns

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ive owned a space gunfor some 10 years, shot lots of good scores with it. without question it is the most fun u can have shooting trap with your buds.
Once u understand the manual of arms its easy to operate. The gun fires from an open bolt.

When the trigger is pulled the bolt flies forward. The firing pin is on the bolt. The bolt generates some 12 pounds of force on the opposite direction and helps to counteract the 12 pounds of recoil. The system works pretty well.

There were only about 200 made.
doc

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
And those 200 were made in the 1981-82 era, as I understand. I enjoy shooting my Spacegun (I've had two) and it makes a hit everywhere I take it. Might make a good putter and well as a pogo stick, or dust mop....LOL Not pretty, but will smack targets with 90% of the recoil counteracted. And a great fast trigger.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
C E Barnhart shot his rather well .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts