Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up in Central Pennsylvania and the best way to beat the mid winter blues was to attend the Eastern Sports Outdoor Show in Harrisburg. If you've never been there, it's a BIG show. Vendors from everywhere. It was cancelled last year due to the promoter not allowing black guns at the show.
Most, if not all vendors walked away.

The NRA took over promotion starting this year. Did anybody attend? I wonder how it compared to previous shows? Better, worse?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I made there on Monday. That was when so many in Harrisburg seemed to get all worried about a little white dust falling from the clouds. At least that is what we call a couple of inches of snow where I come from ;-) That little bit of dust sure did not seem to have much of an affect on attendance. Even being a Monday, in a snow storm (their description), the attendance must have been in the multiple thousands. In the Shooting Sports hall it was almost shoulder to shoulder. The other halls showed similar numbers of attendees.

The show had 1020 or so different exhibitors spread across five or six buildings and featuring different types of outdoor activities. Shooting Sports was the largest single hall but there were halls for fishing, archery complete with a 3D range, boating, hunting outfitters and a number of other outdoor related products and services.

This was my first try to see this show and I was amazed at the number and types of exhibits. SCTP was there but ATA did not seem to be present. As for "Black Guns" being banned and subsequently causing last year's show to be cancelled, well they sure made up for it this year! My rough estimate would say there were maybe 500 to 1,000 "Black Guns" on display and probably an equal or maybe even greater number of "other guns".

For the $10 Senior admission ticket, it was very well worth it. You youngsters (under 65) would have to pay $12 but then you could probably walk faster and see more exhibits than us "old timers".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts