Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Perspective.

I shot the New Mexico State Shoot two weeks ago at the NRA Whittington Center. They did not have any ammo.

The following week, I traveled to Vernal Utah for the Western Grand. They sold out of ammo on Tuesday morning.

Receiving reassurance that we will at least be able buy what we need to compete is great. The advanced communication will do a lot to help dismiss some of the speculation and rumors.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Can I gripe about the price yet? or is it too early? LOL.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I won't be giving Jim hell. Completely agree with everything he said. I'm just happy I can get ammo at the shoot (my first Grand American). I'm flying to St, Louis, staying in Waterloo, IL, and didn't have many options to bring shells or obtain locally. I was thinking about asking the person I'm renting from to let me ship a few cases, but that problem is now solved.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gamaliel is a class act they do not and did not price gouge during this whole time of scarcity of ammo and components they sold what they had at normal pricing. I appreciate the ATA/GRAND for developing a method where the GRAND shooters are able to acquire ammo for the events entered. For those of us that go to Gamaliel’s retail store it was obvious they were reserving ammo for the Gamaliel Cup, Tennessee State Shoot and the GRAND we understood their commitment and a big thanks. I think Gamaliel’s ammo pricing will be very reasonable. Looking forward to more normal times.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I dunno guys, the whole thing seems greasy to me. We are being told where we can buy ammo, when we can buy it, how much we are allowed to buy and where/when we can shoot it.
Geeze at least there going to sell you ammo as it pretty hard to come by right now but you do have a choice don't buy, buy from someone else if you can find it . good luck .

·
Registered
202 Posts
Given the current ammo situation, it's a very sensible, workable solution.

If they announced it was free, somebody on here would complain that the free hulls are red and they want green... or they're green and they want white hulls... or it's 8 instead of 7 1/2... some people just go out of their way to be unhappy about everything.

·
Registered
23,437 Posts
And just where did I make such a claim?
Immediately after I called Jim Porter out for his claim you jumped on me about I needed a better bank. Looked to me like you were supporting his 1.5% claim.

·
Registered
741 Posts
How in the beejesus did a thread that started out about the grand having ammo turn into a discussion about bank rate interest in less than 20 posts, did I miss something ????? geezz people can nobody focus for more than 20 minutes without doing a complete 180

·
Registered
870 Posts
Immediately after I called Jim Porter out for his claim you jumped on me about I needed a better bank. Looked to me like you were supporting his 1.5% claim.
Nope. Not even sure I read that. I was just trying to help a brother out. My HSA in a credit union is at 1%, though.

·
Registered
23,437 Posts
Nope. Not even sure I read that. I was just trying to help a brother out. My HSA in a credit union is at 1%, though.
I’ve not found better than 0.5%. Even CD’s aren’t paying much. Until the Fed lending rate comes off zero it will stay low everywhere else I’m afraid. Even as inflation hits 5+% the Federal Reserve keeps us tightly controlled.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I’ve not found better than 0.5%. Even CD’s aren’t paying much. Until the Fed lending rate comes off zero it will stay low everywhere else I’m afraid. Even as inflation hits 5+% the Federal Reserve keeps us tightly controlled.
I totally agree, but can’t bring myself to give a “like” to it. The Fed has destroyed savers.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts