Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Just getting by.....
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Please accept the following information regarding ammunition availability for the 2021 AIM Championships and the Grand American:

Unless ammunition becomes more widely available, our plan is to offer ammunition to you based upon the events and practice rounds for which you have cashiered.

Software has been developed by the ATA which will allow you to swipe your membership card at a kiosk at the shell house to reveal the number of boxes of shells applicable to the number of events you have pre-cashiered or cashiered.

You may then decide how many boxes you want to purchase at that time. Once you have done that a voucher will print which you can give to a shell house staff member. You must have a voucher to purchase shells. Reprints, copies, or reproductions of the vouchers will NOT be accepted or made. The shell house staff member will fill your order and then you will be required to sign the voucher. The voucher will be kept and filed by shell house personnel. You can purchase as many or as few shells at a time as you wish based upon the events you have cashiered. Each time you cashier an event or print a voucher our database will update the number of boxes you may purchase.

Briley token systems were recently installed at the WSRC. We will be utilizing these token systems this year on the practice/make-up/demo fields. This will reduce the number of staff members needed for these fields. We will still have scorekeepers for make-up, but not for practice and demo. The tokens allow the user 27 targets per round. Practice shooters may request a voucher with the purchase of each token which may be used to purchase one box of shells at the shell house.

A voucher system will also be used for shoot off participants in need of ammunition. These shooters may request a voucher when checking in for shoot offs. Shells for the shoot off shooters will be available for purchase near the shoot off building each evening.

Although ammo sales at the Grand usually average about two-thirds of all targets shot, our sponsoring ammunition manufacturers have committed to supplying the ATA with ammunition levels which exceed the total number of targets shot during the 2019 Grand American at Sparta.

Lynn Gipson
Executive Director

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,122 Posts
I'm glad they specified something for shoot-offs cause I would hate to see someone end up having to forefit due to lack of ammo... I thought about it at the Cardinal where you could only purchase enough for paid events but nothing extra.

·
Registered
23,441 Posts
I'm glad they specified something for shoot-offs cause I would hate to see someone end up having to forefit due to lack of ammo... I thought about it at the Cardinal where you could only purchase enough for paid events but nothing extra.
Even at the cardinal shootoffs were allowed extra ammo. One box at a time but available.

Reactions: WadHopper

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,122 Posts
Even at the cardinal shootoffs were allowed extra ammo. One box at a time but available.
Didn't realize that, good to know, thanks! I loaded enough to carry me to the win for our state shoot, thinking about pulling a wagon full of shells up when I sign in....ahhh...maybe someday :)

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I never had any doubts. Will there be a free for all on the last day for the remaining flats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stocker1042

·
Registered
919 Posts
I never had any doubts. Will there be a free for all on the last day for the remaining flats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly what I thought when I read the email. Wouldn't it be easier for Gamaliel to sell off what they have come Friday or Saturday instead of loading it all back up and taking it with them? Seems like if they put it out there for sale with let's say a 10 flat limit they would sell a ton.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Everyone should be happy there will be enough for shooters to cover the events. The main concern was the Grand I believe not how much extra ammo one can get or how you shoot it. If you want take home ammo buy your factory ammo and shoot reloads when allowed instead. Problem solved! 1. Be glad there is a Grand & it is at WSRC 2. Steps were taken to have ammo available for you. Be happy. 3. Don't over think it, just go and have fun. The past year sucked so just enjoy.
Just my 2 cents worth. I know there are people who would bitch if you gave them a million dollars because they had ti pay more taxes.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Well colonel I do think we pay a damn lot of taxes on everything we buy.
How about someone really do a better job of seeing how the tax dollars are spent and do it properly, yep, I know it ain’t ever gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Everyone should be happy there will be enough for shooters to cover the events. The main concern was the Grand I believe not how much extra ammo one can get or how you shoot it. If you want take home ammo buy your factory ammo and shoot reloads when allowed instead. Problem solved! 1. Be glad there is a Grand & it is at WSRC 2. Steps were taken to have ammo available for you. Be happy. 3. Don't over think it, just go and have fun. The past year sucked so just enjoy.
Just my 2 cents worth. I know there are people who would bitch if you gave them a million dollars because they had ti pay more taxes.
How much of the grand are you gonna shoot? Its pretty easy to make a post like you did when you're not going to shoot any of the program.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
This clearly shows where ammo is.

Ammo makers should do a research then prioritize ammo allocation to those who does not price gouging.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Ok we have gone from WE WON"T HAVE ANY AMMO SO WE CAN"T HAVE A GRAND to a workable plan.
The best plan? Maybe not, but a plan. I swear some people would bitch if hung with a gold rope!
If you don't like it STAY YOUR ASS AT HOME!
p.s.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for people why sat on their thumbs and ran out of ammo KNOWING this was coming!
I'm not a "prepper" but I am old and I have seen powder, primer, and shot shortages before. I don't buy toilet paper one roll at a time or groceries just for today.
Shells in the reloading room is BETTER than money in the bank! Banks give about 1.5% return. Shells don't go bad and don't go down
If you like to shoot, keep at least a years supply--
Now, Give me hell ll you like!
Jim

My hat is off to the Grand Managers for A PLAN!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts