Trapshooters Forum banner

The GOOD Thing About Being Snowed in for a Week

1585 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  blackandgold
I have had a lot of press time this week. Loaded over 10 bags of shot since Monday, loaded 12's until I got tired of them. Working on 28's now. Might be able to get out Sunday. I live off a side street on a hill. No ice trucks. An hour ago, there were three wreckers within 1000 feet of the house, trying to get cars out of ditches on a road with an inch of ice. Such fun!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,345 Posts
With the lock down last winter and weather the last few weeks loaded & prepped every brass case and loaded enough 12 ga traps loads for the rest of this year. Some of our clubs Trappers shooting a little skeet so trying 3/4 oz 20 ga loads so waiting for Alliant 20/28 to show up plus Win 209's. I wished I saw this mess coming and stock up more as learn a lesson during the Obama years but never been accused of being smart, just say'n ....................

· Registered
15,243 Posts
I like the THEORY of loading a whole bunch of shells ahead of time, but rarely do it. The two times I have I kinda screwed myself, the first time loading up a bunch of 20ga practice shells, then they switched Universal from Australia to Canada + Obama times so I had a bunch of components tied up in practice shells (crispy hulls I wouldn't trust for competition), and most recently with some 12ga, and given my current shooting plans and component availability I'd rather have the primers and shot for 28 & 410 than have them tied up in 12ga shells I probably won't need for a while.

· Registered
3,971 Posts
Got an email from my gun club that the Board decided that a ten flat maximum was in effect for sales to members with no sales to guests of the members. Obviously we are fairly well supplied although I don't shoot factory often and prefer my own 1 oz loads at 1180 fps. Will pick up some shot next week at $41/bag last price. No primers available. Got to keep those hydraulic MECs working but they are cycling a little slow in my garage in 55 degree temps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.