Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been on my mind for awhile, so I'm looking for Your Feedback. Kinda Brainstorming.

OK, Here's my question. Why does the Friday after Thanksgiving have to be called BLACK FRIDAY?? As a kid growing up it was just another Friday. It hasn't been all that long ago that some fool decided it should be BLACK FRIDAY. As many of the people are rushing out in a Panic Mode on Black Friday and buying on credit, maybe it should be called RED Friday. But to be fair, if it has to have a Special Name. Why not call it RAINBOW FRIDAY? That way it's equal representation. Heck there is absolutely no way it's going to be called WHITE FRIDAY. Or just leave it as the Friday after Thanksgiving. There's a Black History Month. There is no Caucasian History Month. We now have the BLACK LIVES MATTER. There is no White Lives Matter. Or here's a thought, why not call it MINORITY FRIDAY. There that should do it.... ???

·
Registered
18,651 Posts
It's called that because if sales go as expected merchants balance sheets shift from being in the red ( - income ) to being in the black (+ income ) for the year.

·
Registered
29,230 Posts
And now there is "Super Saturday" and "Cyber Monday."

Reactions: llukesh

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Flash, I seem to remember something like that. Except that the consumer for a high percentage isn't in the Black, but the RED. As for the merchants today it's a more Cut Throat World than it was when this name was added to Friday. Example, locally we have a New Dicks in town. About 1 1/2 mile from our Dunhams and MC Sports. Thursday night at 2000hrs the parking lot at Dicks was packed. I turned around and went to Dunhams. Only about 12-16 of us in the store. Again today around 1600hrs. Took the Captain to Dicks and they were very busy. She stood in line for about 35 monikers, no deals on shells, unless a fella was looking for the cheap blue box Federals. Left there and back to Duhams to check on the GCs, just five customers. Problem I see is Duhams will be out of business within the year if this continues. Dicks prices compared to Dunhams is Always inflated. Dunhams has been a good local outlet for years. So I think they could say that their Friday was a BLOOD RED FRIDAY. He'll I'm just

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sure hope Flash didn't get banned for that reply. I didn't mind it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts