Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Under the lights, a hard snow falling, gusty winds...ya just have to love winter trap. Tonight was our first night shooting...just in time for the storm that's hitting the midwest. I think the most important thing is to have a sense of humor about it. It was a complete hoot; targets going every-which-way. We even shot pretty darn well (given the conditions, and it was our first round since September). However....I really need to fix the hole in my left shooting glove before next week ;)

Trail

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,243 Posts
Gotta love it. Except cold fingers. The face numbness and sting is tolerable. But those breaks in that white, breezy background is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
With our league and the funky winds we have here in the Arlington, Fairfax area, it is like an extended season with
the Nats Ace, Max Scherzer. You could swear he's in the house, humming 'em out !! haha

Max Scherzer.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Our Winter League starts right after the time change and runs till Easter (I think).
We shoot EVERY Thursday night except Thanksgiving...

·
Registered
51 Posts
We shoot all winter. Nice setup we have heated building at the edge of the field, we can score from the windows. Only face the cold when it’s time to shoot

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been there, done that. This is from a few years back and luckily this winter it has been rather mild here (Cincinnati)
WINTER LEAGUE 2010 (5).jpg

·
Registered
32,288 Posts
You guys are dedicated. The older I get, the more I hate the cold.

Reactions: ganger

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gonna shoot a round of sporting clays tomorrow. High of 20 with a windchill of 6. Gotta love eastern Ohio winters. I’ve never shot any clays in that cold of weather. The trap range w the heated house sounds like a way better idea.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Itsc1 ( post 6 ) , that's in daylight. I could handle that . Around here , central MD , no league shooting in the dark . On Sundays I can go to 3 different ones ,and different G C are open some evenings . Last time I shot in the dark & cold was Dec.20 and we had a warm clubhouse and a reather large bondfire going

·
Registered
286 Posts
We have a Derby today and the high temp will be single digits. We'll probably still have 30 dedicated shooters attending it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
E17CEFDE-8C6F-451E-AE60-BAB296FF6A89.jpeg

Here’s my favorite picture of dedication. When you run the snow plow to keep the fields open. I stopped here, Heber Valley, UT a couple years ago.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The day I was there, I didn’t shoot. My wife & I were taking a day off from skiing in Park City. I didn’t have a gun or decent eyewear. (I can’t shoot in street glasses - progressives) I would think as long as you’re equipped to deal with the glare, you’d be just fine. It’s a funny backdrop, there is the back of a private house clearly in your view.

·
Registered
860 Posts
How needs a patterning board --Just shoot in a good old fashion northern snow storm --Call for your target, and just before it disappears into the snow, you pull the trigger and watch the shot plow a perfect funnel to the bird and a orange cloud in the white snow -- Can't get any better than that! --{ P.S. --Buy the stick on toe warmers and stick on the wrist of your stock - keeps your trigger hand warm}

1 - 16 of 16 Posts