Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would one want to live for the best year round trapshooting???,.. considering ATA events,.Leagues,...... and days open to shoot....any communities with Trap within like Silver Dollar Club....

Your thoughts please.......

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Pittsburgh, Pa. Our club is open for practice Sun, Wed, Thurs. AM, Fri eve., Sat and Sun. League is shot on Wed. night. Every Sat. and Sun, you can shoot registered birds. Within 30 miles there must be 35 to 40 trap ranges. Bulge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ARIZONA - shoot year round in moderate temperatures. You do have to travel to our Southern or Northern Mountains in the summer to keep temperatures reasonable.

Tucson and Phoenix with Casa Grand inbetween, for registered shoots every day from December to first week in April.

Two major Grands (Spring and Autumn).

From April to November 3-4 shoots per month within a max of 3 hours Western Driving (much easier than East Coast Driving)if you live in either Phoenix or Tucson.

Few trees to distract you from targets.

Great place to live and shoot.

Rod Ritter

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
TEX/ROD Ritter,

also runs a very good shoot, at the Garden Canyon Club on the Fort in Sierra Vista, AZ.

There is also Double Adobe Recreational RV Ranch (from Tucson) below Bisbee.

Prescot has a club, members only, NO ATA, Payson is in the same boat.

And several MORE.

AL

It is a dry heat, and believe me (or not) it is easier to cool off then warn up!

Most of the year the body feels dry, not like you just got out of the shower and can't get dry! For some it is to DRY!

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Apples and Oranges.....AZ is great, in the daytime, and lots of registered targets in the 1st 4 months of the years.

No head to head leagues as I know them, and not much night shooting.

North East and central Wisconsin, many 2 hole clubs that never throw a registered target but have leagues all year round. I can shoot 4 nights a week if I want and have a beer after shooting everywhere. Lewis shoots abound in the winter, sometimes 3 or 4 on the same day in different places.

Meat shoots all over the state in late summer, and one club has a hundred green bird night shoot in the fall.

I had the best answer, AZ/FLA in the late winter/spring, and back home the rest of the time.

HM

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
As a Tucson, AZ shooter,

I can shoot 3 nights a week under lights, yeah it is the same club.

Trap, DBLs trap and 5 stand on Tues, when I am done shooting, and gun has been put away retreat to the club house and have food and drink

Wed, practice shoot aheads, Trap Skeet and 5 Stand.

Thur, Skeet and at least DBLs trap and food and drink

AND DON'T forget our new Bunkers!

90 min south to siera vista, and Garden Canyon on the fort, need to check their schedule.

2 hrs south maybe a little more to Double adobe, they have had some week day/night shoots in the past need to cantact them and see what they have.

Less then 90 minutes North to Casa Grande Trap, they do have lights, but I have only shot ATA there

If you plan Ahead and miss Phx. Rush hour, Ben Avery is 2 hrs north, or take a right a US60 and head Rio Saladad

Globe-Miami about 2 hrs North, has a one trap set-up from what I have been told.

Al

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone going to nevada where it's ALWAY'S SUNNY should check out the Clarke county shooting park it's new. It's a $65 Million shooting facility. They have everything to offer as well as gun rentals (SKB O/U shotguns)and shell's/Pro shops/Rifle/Handgun ranges. They have lights and They are going to try and hold some major ATA trap events.This place is the nicest club I've been to. They have a web site and You can see it on you tube as well check out. Take Care

·
Registered
364 Posts
Gotta go with Bulge on this one. SW PA is great. If you live near the 'burgh you can shoot every night of the week and with a different flavor each night. Some clubs do leagues, some annies and games. What a great place to live and shoot. While I live there, I wished I worked there and was able to shoot after work, but that will change soon.

·
Premium Member
10,499 Posts
It would surely be southern Calitornia if it was a gun friendly state or if gun clubs weren't dropping like flies. Could be fabulous. Too bad.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I have to say central NC, lots of clubs, Winters are not brutal. Usually need a sweatshirt or a good sweater. Eight hr drive to the Cardinal. If it gets too hot in one region go to the mtn section & its 15 degrees cooler. Gov't is gun friendly. Also close to SC, Pa. & Va. Lots of good shooting & more important lots of good people.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'll take SO. CAL. We shoot year round,mon,tues,days,wed,thurs nights,sat days
My home club is APPLE VALLEY,to the north 30 minutes, BARSTOW,
A 1 hr drive south is REDLANDS,1 1/2 WEST TRIPLE B, + others.
Jim

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Carroll County or Baltimore County, Maryland. Trap clubs everywhere. You can shoot every day of the week, pretty much morning until after dark. State shoots that are within driving distance include DE, MD, VA, PA, WV, NJ. Big point shoots at Elysburg in PA. Mild weather in MD, too. Lots of good people with whom to shoot trap.

Not a cheap place to live, though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.