Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Threads are getting a little boring.....So, where is the best Trap Club (Gun Club) in the Country? And especially, why do you think that club is the best? Like maybe, activities (what kind), competitions (shotgun, rifle, pistol), size of club, bar, limited membership, clubhouse, meals, parties/dinners, location/scenery, cost to shoot, etc.. Just kind of wondering so, in my travels I can stop bye and shoot a couple of rounds. Give us some details and location......

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Sparta Il, Home of the Grand American.
Nothing like a big score in Sparta.

Lots of vendors and great shooters.
A fantastic facility.
Don't forget to check out the Hall of Fame.

Its All Good
West

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
I am fond of the Nashville Gun Club. Great Sporting targets. Trap and Skeet are dying on the vine except when the kids show up, and even they are going to Sporting.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I was at the Nashville Gun Club for their state shoot and what I saw was far from Dying on the vine . They had good attendance and bent over backward to accommodate shooters.

Terry Dean

·
Registered
283 Posts
This should be an interesting and informative thread. I like to visit a a new club once in a while. I belong to www.saliburygunclub.com. We have 7 skeet fields, 3 trap fields, and one 5 stand, plus deer hunting. Can't generate much interest in an ATA shoot even though we have trap shooters.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
On a related note, at what point does the cost per token change how much and where you shoot. If the club raised their prices to $7.00 for example, does that have any effect? Do you change to different clubs if customer service is not what it should be?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
A neighboring club that I shoot at every week, in addition to my home club, recently raised their prices from $5 a round to $6 a round. I still shoot there, just shoot fewer rounds. I used to shoot 5 or 6 rounds, now shoot 3. Participation seems to have decreased. You have to make money throwing targets, but it's a balance between throwing lots of targets and making a little less money, for throwing less targets, while making a little more per target. I tend to shoot more when the targets aren't as expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Much like our current State and Federal governments with some organizations there will never be enough money to make money. There has been little or no change in the cost of White Flyers and transportation for the last couple truckloads at the two clubs I attend. Birds are what? less than 10 cents apiece. 25 birds, $2.50........ everything over that is for the rest of the organizations overhead. One might think that a close look at the overhead should take place. It may not always be the case but I suspect there might be some dollars that are being spent "just because we can". Larry

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I've been a member of www.nargc.com
Since the early 90's. They have a little bit of everything. Trap,skeet, still target,archery, bow hunting deer and turkey. Pistol and rilfe range. Trout rodeo ( stocked ) for kids once a year. Crap fees Membership is around 800-900.
My grandfather one of the original members, help with the progression of the club after WWll.

·
Registered
277 Posts
1. Casa Grande trap & sleet in Arizona: great people, green targets are excellent, shoots run flawlessly, atmosphere supports people:
2. Brittany shooting facility: great facility, people, & background
3. KCTA shooting park: great place, just can't get my work schedule to accommodate the schedule

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Always liked Redlands....but Kingsburg has been kind to me also. Now Oak Tree...just when I'd think I had that place figured out......

But it is a beautiful venue.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I know where it is, but if I tell you, then you'd want to come and shoot there too.

Well, I like it the way it is now, I don't need a bunch more shooters there too...........

Sorry guys! lol

Hauxfan!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
im kinda partial to small clubs. can you guess which one is my favorite?
Fotor0527144620%5B1%5D[1].jpg

1 - 20 of 56 Posts