Trapshooters Forum banner

The 5 new motors for my Pat Trap arrived

1833 15
People at my club don't realize that it is ok turn the motors off when no one is shooting. They won't go in 6 out of 9 trap houses to even check on them. New kids That's the club manager job. I am paying for these and putting new bearing in two others. They did go in one when someone put a screwdriver into the tank.
Oil everywhere. For some reason it wouldn't through targets.
Steve
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Tread Hardwood
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Is it worth putting clock timers on the traps? ....They would have to be installed in front of the power switch for the Pat trap.

Power to the trap would only be available between certain hours, and shutdown the motor automatically at a preset hour if left on by careless people.

· Registered
13,503 Posts
Your a good Man Steve. Maybe its time you direct a person to be responsible for all (or part) the fields on a daily basis. Each club member has a turn being responsible for the fields under his/her care. As such he directs the loading of the machines and turning them on and off each day. Every member of the club gets his/her turn a even number of times per month/year. If the majority of members do not want to do it this way. Simply hire a full time employee who will. Of course this will force to raise the clubs prices on targets. So let the members decide how they want to go. Don't forget you need to decide who does the routine maintenance on all the machines???
It seems to me that nobody at your club wants to take responsibility anymore for the clubs equipment!!! So you can do it all??? Or get some help, one way or another!!! Good Luck on your journey. break em all Jeff

· Premium Member
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your a good Man Steve. Maybe its time you direct a person to be responsible for all (or part) the fields on a daily basis. Each club member has a turn being responsible for the fields under his/her care. As such he directs the loading of the machines and turning them on and off each day. Every member of the club gets his/her turn a even number of times per month/year. If the majority of members do not want to do it this way. Simply hire a full time employee who will. Of course this will force to raise the clubs prices on targets. So let the members decide how they want to go. Don't forget you need to decide who does the routine maintenance on all the machines???
It seems to me that nobody at your club wants to take responsibility anymore for the clubs equipment!!! So you can do it all??? Or get some help, one way or another!!! Good Luck on your journey. break em all Jeff
That is not within my power. We have 2 young men that are paid. We have someone new constantly. They are directed by the club manager. He really doesn't care. We are a large non profit. We have 9 trap fields, I think 12 skeet. We a very large clays.
Things are changing slowly. We have a board but trap is being started again by me.
We have many problems with cohesion of all shooting sports.
It is going to take time to heal all wounds.
My plan is to start up ATA shooting by next year. I have 3 more pat trap machines to rebuild. Still working on 9 others. I have taken on a large task with little help.
I will make it work.
I am one of the golden geese that at the same time helping all that I can.
Lots of progress.
Steve

· Registered
13,503 Posts
OK, now I see better what your up against. You already have 2 workers then, that are not doing there job because the Club Manager does a poor job there. I'm sure you'll have the ATA shoots up and running in a year. Maybe then once you get a following of shooters behind you. The board will take the trap shooters a little more serious. Good Luck to Ya and your club. Your not alone, most all shooting clubs have internal issues of one sort or another. Just Hang in There. break em all jeff

· Premium Member
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, now I see better what your up against. You already have 2 workers then, that are not doing there job because the Club Manager does a poor job there. I'm sure you'll have the ATA shoots up and running in a year. Maybe then once you get a following of shooters behind you. The board will take the trap shooters a little more serious. Good Luck to Ya and your club. Your not alone, most all shooting clubs have internal issues of one sort or another. Just Hang in There. break em all jeff
you are correct.
When I arrived at the club today got a call two trap fields were down. Call came from the big guy.
club manager called the big guy. One field was on wobbles and they were having a blast. They had never shot it before. The other field was the token box. They are obsolete. Junk. Will go through it tuesday. Never know I may figure out why it isn't showing tokens.
the club manager tried to close all the trap fields. Guess he changed his mind. The trap help kids tried hard to find the problem. In am thankful to them.

going gambling in about an hour. Life is too short to be petty. I am very happy the big guy called me.

Come on 7. Lol
Steve

· Registered
627 Posts
Steve, You are to be commended! Wow! What a job to get that program up on it’s feet again. I am sure Your hard work will not go unnoticed, and hopefully, You will be rewarded with some good volunteers, that will help out. Keep the faith!

· Premium Member
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve, You are to be commended! Wow! What a job to get that program up on it’s feet again. I am sure Your hard work will not go unnoticed, and hopefully, You will be rewarded with some good volunteers, that will help out. Keep the faith!
You know how it is when all
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
l the physical work is done people show up to help.
I have a great crew of Skeet shooters who will show up to score. Probably others.
I want all my back up machines running 5 of them.5- 7 spare motors with pumps. Lots of electrical. Bought out Edwards. Order lot more.
With state shoot in June and zone I am slacking off a little
Lol
Steve

· Premium Member
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do they also leave the turret empty and the floor dirty? Just how silly can people be ?
Wait have you been there. The help hasn't been instructed to do so. The two young men are directed by the club manager. .enough said.I
The two young men are fairly new and doing the best they can.
I help out chopping weeds . Hauling tumble weeds picking up trash. It would be nice to have more members help with the little things. Not saying others are not helping. We have a great team setting up clay fields and meeting the competition with a variety of challanges. Death row is awsome.
Skeet has Jim and friends that improve so many things. He and the grout give me a lot of encouragement. He is under appreciated. Great guy.
Our club is large. I am doing what I can.
My poor work truck GMC denali hauls trash tumble weeds and trap machines.
I love what I can contribute. I love my sport. I love shooting.
And as a retired Police officer , construction worker, and retired Special Education teacher I am doing my best to live life to its fullest.
My best friends are always there to encourage me.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Companion dog
Sky Ecoregion Air gun Sunglasses Hat
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Working animal

· Premium Member
15,900 Posts
He catches clay birds at 145 ' . His favorite game. He also gives rabbits a bath
Yeah, I had a brittany that used to embarrass the heck out of me. She would sit behind the line while I shot trap on a squad. If I hit a bird - she did nothing, same for the others on the squad. If a bird was missed, she would check to see who missed it, if I was the guilty party she would shoot out, pick up the bird and bring it back to my feet - just for me, no one else on the squad.

The first time she did this there was obvious panic for her safety, once we figured out what she was doing we all had some good laughs and the squad accused me of having a 'private scorer.' She has been gone nearly four years now and I still get ribbed about it.

Damn, I miss that dog.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.