Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 10 Best Trap Guns Ever

Shotguns don’t get more specialized than trap guns—and trap guns don’t get better than this collection

The 10 guns listed here—not in any particular order—are the greatest trap guns ever made. Greatness sometimes comes with a high price tag, sometimes it doesn’t. These guns range in price from hundreds to thousands of dollars, yet all of these are proven in competition, and many of them are still winning today.

The 10 Best Trap Guns Ever

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Would have been nice if the author had actually bothered to get pictures of “trap” guns for all the guns listed. Left out many of the old classics and newer guns that should have made the list.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Ding..Ding..We Have a Winner 10/10... Lucky Enough to of Owned and Enjoyed The Entire List.
Shoot Well..Shoot Often..With Family and or Good Friends. Bart

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have shot an XT for years, but I don't see a place for an O/U on this list (I know, K80 in a Top/Unsingle is legit). Also, how could you not have a TM1 there. Anybody want to guess how many clays have been broken with a TM1?? LOL Oh well, its just a list, and it is F&S after all.

K

·
Registered
283 Posts
Would have been nice if the author had actually bothered to get pictures of “trap” guns for all the guns listed. Left out many of the old classics and newer guns that should have made the list.
Do tell...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Only 1, currently, the 1100, but I've had others in the past. He did mention the Mono Gun should really be in the Space Gun's place, so that would be two in that case.
I agree, pheasantmaster, the SX1 is about a 'cult' gun as there is. One you have to drink the Kool-Aid to like.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've owned 9 of the 10, never lucky enough to find an Ithaca in decent shape. Currently have 6 1/2 of the list, I say 1/2 because my Kreighoff is a K 32. Lists like these always rile people up, remember it's just someones opinion.

·
Banned
2,087 Posts
Who on here would be the best authority to list the Top 10 among Champion Trapshooters ?

I am guessing Michael Gooch, Indiana Gun Sales who handles a wide variety of pre owned Trap Guns.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Sorry Norm. That may be YOUR personal list, but in terms of the all time top ten you are not even close! You didn't even mention, Bi-Star, Tri-Star, Stoeger, nor bakai! :D

Seriously, I think the K-80 Trap Special and Silver Seitz belong in the top ten.

·
Banned
2,087 Posts
Sorry Norm. That may be YOUR personal list, but in terms of the all time top ten you are not even close! You didn't even mention, Bi-Star, Tri-Star, Stoeger, nor bakai! :D

Seriously, I think the K-80 Trap Special and Silver Seitz belong in the top ten.
Dom, So sorry for leaving out the K -80 ... I just could never afford a Combo and I know that it is your 200 Straight Gun !!!

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Dom, So sorry for leaving out the K -80 ... I just could never afford one and I know that it is your 200 Straight Gun !!!
Now Norm, you should not fib. Can't afford one my a$$! You are as rich as Rockefeller! :D

You just need to cut back on one of your other many hobbies!

Reactions: Storeman
1 - 20 of 62 Posts