Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the Amateur Trapshooting Association’s Grand American World Trapshooting Championships, this very special project was articulated by the proud owner, Perazzi Australia and, of course, Perazzi, which excelled at what the firm does best – the building of beautiful shotguns.

The gun’s left panel is engraved with a scene from the 2005 Grand American, depicting the last morning the event took place at the Vandalia, Ohio, shooting grounds. On the right panel, we see the present, Sparta, Illinois, facility. On the gun’s underside … what it’s all about!

The gentleman, Giuseppe Zacchi, adapted the engravings from the provided “artwork” (for the record, the photos are included here).

The “Grand” plan is for the gun to spend some time taking pride of place in the ATA’s Hall of Fame, at the Sparta complex, during the 2022 event. Reading between the lines, I’d say the ATA is rather pleased with this Perazzi.

(Photos from the owner; complex “art” from Trapshooters Forum [Vandalia] and The Southern Illinoisan [Sparta]; my photo of Giuseppe Zacchi.)

Silver Sleeve Grey Font Material property

Car Sky Ecoregion Vehicle Cloud

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Glass

Water Sky Cloud Atmosphere Natural landscape

Engineering Wood Office supplies Mechanic Machine

Rectangle Wood Font Hardwood Creative arts

Silver Sleeve Grey Font Material property

Wood Rectangle Material property Tool Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Absolutely outstanding, and the theme is great.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I love the spider nest/pods in the mono-block... Very good post Charlie
My God Jack... I think you’re right! 🥴
I do see a spider pod in there. Don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I think I’ll laugh. I would not have cut the adjustable comb in there either... and points off for the generic checkering. This gun is an adj. rib MX8/2003 shooter not a collection piece.

Can you imagine the hours in that production? Well over a year or two.

Rectangle Publication Font Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Reactions: JACK

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
No doubt this is cool. Side plates belong on a side lock. The inconsistent letter/number spacing would bug me a lot, and I’m not sure I’d love a water tower and parking lot as an engraving subject. Never the less, a neat project.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That’s grease. It’s on both sides and in the same place on both sides.
Ahhh, relief!... thx Flash... so much for the power of suggestion. The imagination can go in strange places. Very interesting to see how the gold leaf is applied in Pacific Mikes project.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts