Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take a moment now to complain about that little "click" noise that you release shooters make whenever you set your triggers. I find it annoying because it causes me to anticipate when you are going to shoot and I often find myself watching and waiting while trying to compose my patience.

I can't be the only one that gets annoyed over this issue, just the first to voice his concern over how disruptive it can be. Maybe releases should be banned?

Tron

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That ANNOYING

Along those same lines I have a problem with a shooters belly jumping when they call for a target.

It was really rough during the days when a ref actually had to press a button to release a target.

Between the release trigger click and the impending belly jump when the shooter called for the bird it was rather annoying.

Along with release trigger ban how about a big belly ban also.

Think about it?

FRedmon

·
Registered
758 Posts
That ANNOYING

"Along with release trigger ban how about a big belly ban also."

We are trying to "grow" the sport, not kill it off.

A big belly ban would cut the attendance of most shoots by 70% or 80%.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That ANNOYING

I'm working on a top secret prodject for the government at this time, it is a "release trigger silencer."

I am not at liberty to discuss anything else about it, but it will bring relief to all the winers.

tony

G

·
That ANNOYING

Damn that's funny Jeff!

Bob,

I've heard some loud enough that earplugs didn't help! It was in a Seitz.

Joe,

How distracting is it when the release pulls through?

ec90t

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
That ANNOYING

That doesn't bother me, I hate those guys shooting auto's spraying you with their empties! It's really annoying when a right hander gets a left hander shooting a left handed auto on his right side. Enough to make you shoot a 16!
Fish on!

·
Registered
309 Posts
That ANNOYING

What really bothers me is the middle aged short guys shooting automatics next to me. I look over and don't even see the verticaly challenged shooter and think its my turn then just about the time Im ready to call for the bird I hear this clank clank noise that those Beretta autos make when you tilt the barrel up. Then they fire the contraption with a bunch more racket and bolts running up and down and danged if they dont throw their empties and hit me right below the belt buckle, gonna take to wearin a cup if this keeps up. Them tin can automatics ought to be banned and we should provide booster seats for the shorties.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That ANNOYING

If a "Click" truly bothers you that much...Just maybe you should consider both ear plugs and muffs...To say that the "clicks" cost you a trophy is not a justifible excuse...If you are unable to maintain focus because of a "Click" then you have already lost...Dale

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
That ANNOYING

"I have the bait in mouth, question is , will I be lip hooked, or gut hooked by Tron's inquiry". If Tron will shoot without earplugs for a season his hearing will diminish enough that the click from a release will become inaudible. Also, he could try to find the other 4 shooters in ATA that does not yet shoot a release and squad with them, he will enjoy shooting with children.

Charlie

·
Supporting Vendor
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That ANNOYING

Hey, blow 0, I feel that I could be an All American many many times over if not for those "clicks". Those clicks have also effected my relationship with my Wife. If she's feeling somewhat, shall we say "amoris", all I can think of are those damn "clicks".

Release triggers suck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That ANNOYING

Tron, If you search long enough you might be able to locate enough shooters that do not use release.You may get lucky and get on a squad with all automatic, so we breach gun shooter don't have to be distract by them rattling pieces of iron.
Just a thought on a snowy night in NC.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.