Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would really like to thank the Tucson Trap & Skeet Club for putting on another fantastic shoot.

We appreciate all the effort so many people put forth to make these shoots run so smoothly. The classification crew, scorers, maintenance staff, target setters, everyone in the office, and everyone else that I haven't mentioned that help make the shoots there run so smoothly all do such a great job and we feel they all need to be recognized. We really appreciate all you do to make TTSC such an welcoming venue for trapshooters.

Also a big thanks to our squadmates Tom Strunk and Gene Hapney. These guys have accomplished so much in this sport and care for every single person involved in trapshooting. They certainly have helped us quite a bit over the last few years, especially during our Arizona trips. We are truly honored to have been able to shoot with you, and even more honored to be able to call you both our friends.

Thank you!!!

Matt & Foster Bartholow

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Matt & Foster, believe me, both Tom and I appreciate everything your family stands for in our sport and we feel the friendship is an honor! I know of no other's that give back to our great sport like the Bartholow family does!! Free clinics for the kids is unheard of yet your family makes that available on your dime!! This old guy thanks each and everyone in the family for that service to my beloved sport for our sports sake!!

Congratulations also for the super fine shooting you both did at the Autumn Grand! HAA, Doubles champ and Handicap champ too!! As I told you Matt, when I grow up I wanna be just like you?? :)

All my best to my favorite trapshooting ambassadors and friends, The Bartholow Family!

Gene Hapney

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have been blessed with knowing some outstanding people in the clay target game that began for me 39 years ago.

Our squad of Gene, Foster, Matt, and Janessa was as good as any I have ever shot with. All seasoned shooters that shot well and knew when to get in "the zone" and when to have a good time.

Besides the Bartholows shooting exceptional, Janessa Beaman also won the lady 1 singles shootoff with a 198.

Char Bartholow also made for me the best molded in ear plugs I have ever had, and believe me, there is a difference. Thanks again!!

Fantastic week, and as the Bartholows said, thanks to everyone at Tucson for everything very well done!!

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
406 Posts
SD TRAP FAMILY, Classy Thread !!!!! It is nice to see Great Shooters acknowledge other Great Shooters and You got to shoot with two of Arizona's FINEST Tom Strunk and Gene Hapney are the Cream of the Crop here in Arizona I don't think You could find two nicer Guys on the line or off. They are both Icons of Arizona TrapShooting and are Genuinely kind to whomever they meet, plus they are pretty good Quail Hunters

Mark Williams

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, thank you TTSC. This was my second time visiting and I continue to be impressed with how well the shoot is run and how much fun in the sun it is! This year I was able to bring my father with me and in my 8 years of shooting, this was his first time he has seen me shoot. He was amazed at the facility and how friendly everyone is, so much, that I think he spent more time talking than watching me shoot! lol Which is good because after winter hibernation I wasn't exactly shooting so great... :p

So along with the SD family, this ND family wants to tip our hat too... :) Thanks again and looking forward to next time!

P.s. Are there anymore SD calendars available?

Sincerely,

Chad Gerloff

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chad, sounds like it was a great trip to Tucson with your father. That is fantastic. So glad that he was to meet some of the many wonderful people in this sport.

I will check with Char on the calendar and have her PM you. Maybe she will send you one that is a winner as I have yet to get any of the lucky ones.

Come down here to Rapid City sometime Chad and shoot with us. We will do our best to provide you with wonderful Great Plains hospitality.

Bud

·
Registered
452 Posts
Bud,
Lead Miner Terry and I were wondering if our names came up a couple times yet, winning a gun?? Terry has already "one upped" me winning a gun, so I was figuring maybe this year is catch up for me..........;) I hope Denny Spurling doesn't win them all.......I am not so sure that legally he can own a gun anyway. Scott
An Observation: looked like "most" all the top Shooters were there in Tucson, tough competition, only one I saw missing was Mr. Stu Welton, another Top Western Shooter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts