Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I stumbled on the Lasershot website and wondered if anyone was using one or had tried one with the wall chart. The Lasershot is basicly a laser bore-sighter with a wire coming off and a trigger switch at the end. The switch is attached to the trigger and a red dot would appear on the chart when the trigger is pulled. Web site for the Lasershot is www.shotguncombogauge.com.
Any thoughts on whether or/not this would work?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
YES, it would! I use a Terry Jordan chart daily, and sometimes I cannot tell where I actually pull the trigger when I move quickly. I believe the Lasershot would be of great help with this, not to mention it's other use of helping to fit your gun. Pretty decent price as well!

AndyH

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
UPDATE! Received my Lasershot and have been testing it in all my guns. Other than having a funky curled aluminum strip for your trigger finger, this unit works as advertised. Now it is MUCH easier to see just where you are "pulling" the trigger on the TJ wall chart! There is also a lot of useful information on gun fitting, and gun mount practicing as well. This unit also helped me find a "bad" (misaligned) choke tube! A little "pricey" but a very useful tool in solving fitting, mounting, pointing and timing issues.

AndyH

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gentlemen, I bought an Arrow Lasershot a couple of years ago thinking I could use it to fit clients in my shop. When I first put it in my K-80, I was shocked to see how high it was on the target chart on my wall. I knew that my gun did not shoot that high and started investigating. I clamped my gun in a vice and rotated the laser in my barrel and found that the laser moved in a circle on the wall. I changed choke tubes and it did the same thing. I then tried it in another gun and found it did the same thing. I came to the conclusion that the laser was not aliened properly in the housing. I email the manufacturer but got no response. I then set it up in a barrel, turned it 90 degrees and found the center and adjusted the set screws that hold the laser in place till it was in the middle. I don’t use it for fitting but to practice gun mount. Make sure yours does not have the same issue before you start changing anything. AlanB

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy

Did you get the Lasershot Standard or the Lasershot Twice as Bright? Since they offer two models I was just wondering about brightness level of the standard model.

Harry

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I use a laser that is set off by the sound of the hammer striking the firing pin--it works great & I use it with my wall chart.

Lou

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I got the twice as bright model as I use it outside. Works well as long as my TJ wall chart isn't in the sunlight.

AndyH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.