Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever hopefull for spring and the chance to shoot trap I have been using my Terry Jordan dry firing wall chart. I really don't know if it helps my shooting but I think it does. And, besides it gives me the chance to think about spring.

If you haven't seen Jordan's dry fire chart, it's worth checking his web site. An inexpensive practice system.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,198 Posts
Ever hopefull for spring and the chance to shoot trap I have been using my Terry Jordan dry firing wall chart. I really don't know if it helps my shooting but I think it does. And, besides it gives me the chance to think about spring.

If you haven't seen Jordan's dry fire chart, it's worth checking his web site. An inexpensive practice system.
It works. Keep using it.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I need to get one. You guys with one I know how far back to stand from the wall but side to side but what area do I need to benefit from all 5 stations? And 8 vs 10ft. I think there distance from wall measurements were the same?

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I need to get one. You guys with one I know how far back to stand from the wall but side to side but what area do I need to benefit from all 5 stations? And 8 vs 10ft. I think there distance from wall measurements were the same?
Cant go wrong with either size. Distance is different for 8 and 10. I believe the most compact are not different. Terry has it all on his website. Learntrapshooting.com

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Terry's chart is a great tool and it does work IF you use it.
Absolutely. Not much good if it sits on your wall like so much art work. You HAVE to use it. Regularly.

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

When I use the Jordan chart, mine's the smaller size, I stand at the recommended distance which is marked on the floor, stand centered on the house and use my normal aim points for each station in rotation. I also say "pull" and do everything else I would normally do when shooting trap. That means using a snap cap so I get the sensation of pulling the trigger. I used to have a friend that combined the chart with a laser pointer inserted in the barrel. He rigged the trigger so when pulled the laser would light up with a red dot at the impact point. Very effective.

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Terry,

Glad to hear that you have a lots of shooters asking about your charts. They do work if, as Phil Kiner said, you use them. In my case, because I live in a small apartment I do not have a wall where the chart can be permanently mounted. So I came up with a roller system, sort of like a window shade. When I want to use the chart I unroll it. After I'm finished, I roll it up. That idea may be useful to someone else with a small space.

Stay healthy.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
MINI-MU WALL CHART.JPG
Sorry we didn't get a chance to see you and Nancy this year Terry.

Glad you made it back home safe, and I can imagine the 14 days will drive you crazy like it has for the rest of us down here.

At least we can get out for a ride to the mail box if we want, just staying away from folks.

So far we who have no symptoms aren't under any severe restrictions but we are all doing our part and laying low.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Thanks for the great comments I just got home from Florida and I am under a strict 14 day quarantine. Lots of shooters asking about them. I am out of some sizes but cannot get out to mail any or go near anything or anyone. I have more on order buy my supplier is almost totally shut down too.
Terry, if you were located in the US, you would be classified as a "essential supplier!"

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Terry's Wall Chart is done to scale of a real trap field, the first one was in Vandalia Oh.
His first drawing of this was on his basement wall ( it is prob. still there ).
The targets are just not placed Helter-Skelter but to scale for your eyes.
Every thing you need to know comes in written form and Terry encourages you to phone him on his toll free number if you need to ask questions or just shoot the breeze

I'm sure sticking post-it notes on your wall will do the same thing......YEAH RIGHT...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
View attachment 1670989 Sorry we didn't get a chance to see you and Nancy this year Terry.

Glad you made it back home safe, and I can imagine the 14 days will drive you crazy like it has for the rest of us down here.

At least we can get out for a ride to the mail box if we want, just staying away from folks.

So far we who have no symptoms aren't under any severe restrictions but we are all doing our part and laying low.
I want to add that the CHART in my first post is one of Terry's 5' models he used for display.

I believe his others come in 6' - 8' and 10' of which I have had them all for different space requirements throughout all of my moves.

This is the 8' model I installed for my wife at her Dad's place many years ago when she was down south taking care of him.

She is standing closer than normal, for the picture.

JORDAN WALL CHART 2.jpg

1 - 20 of 62 Posts