Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 8' version that I plan to use in my garage when I move, is the 10' version worth trading up to if I already have the 8'?

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,191 Posts
I currently have an 8' version that I plan to use in my garage when I move, is the 10' version worth trading up to if I already have the 8'?
Which 8’ version? The full or the one with the two targets cut off? You can check by seeing if it’s 36” tall.

Do as someone above said. Call Terry or email him. He will be able to answer best. First rate guy. Just got a new Sparta chart ordered. I had one of the old Vandalia charts and needed one size smaller.

@t jordan

·
Vendor
753 Posts
The new 36 inch tall 8 footer has sold well. Really chart size is like watching a bigger TV, big always looks better. Right now the 10 footer is the one I like best up on my basement wall. I am 73 with lots of eye issues now and the larger chart with larger targets is better. I can get back as far as 24 feet from my chart wall but the room is only about 10 feet wide. If there was no customer's chart on the wall and a State Shoot was coming up I would put a 10 footer up.

I never cared much about what size chart I had on the wall, my dry firing was done on all of them as I was doing different sizes for customers. I found in my best years it was the amount of moves I made not what size chart I was using. I liked about 50 moves a day if I was in the busy shooting months. After a long winter layoff I would do a lot more until I felt strong and smooth.

·
Vendor
753 Posts
Here is an example of the 10ft chart. I bought Terry`s original version years ago... I prefer the largest size and have it hung in my cave downstairs. The room is 25' x 32' with 8ft ceiling...

Sportalluring

View attachment 1684207
I won a lot of titles using that Vandalia Chart it was all we had until 2006. I still put mine up often. I have my original painting that they made that Tyvek Vandalia chart that Sportalluring has.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I should really wait till I move and mount my 8' chart to make sure Ill have enough room for a 10'.

I just received my 53" for my office!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts