Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Every time I call him he tells me he's awfully bizzy and back logged with work. So in one way that's great cuz it shows he must be good enough that he is in great demand but on the other it makes it tuff if you want something done with a short turn around time. I've heard he is really anal about tolerances and that shows how commited he is to his work and the quality of it. Good luck if you want him to do something for you.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Compare to Wilkinson, which will talk about details of his work, Allor doesn't talk much.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kerry Allor lets his work do his talking......trust me, if he knows you, he talks......hell of a guy and he knows his stuff.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,235 Posts
The best of the best. Damn nice guy too. But, his time is valuable so I really don't blame him for not talking fine details in any length....that can get frustrating with some people.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had Kerry work on 4 barrels for me - 1 sxs and 3 Perazzi 12 ga. barrels. His work is superb and the resulting pattern improvement was astounding. I recently had him 'slightly' backbore and rechoke a Perazzi MX8 barrel for 24 gram OT loads - I just shot the best OT score of my life and while I had patterned the gun and knew distribution for the puny payload was even, the comments from my competitors about the target breaks confirmed what I knew. Some will tell you that 24 grams of shot will not allow a target - especially a small hard OT target, to be smoked. Not true - I did it a number of times this past weekend and had done it in practice before - but only with the Allor rechoked barrel. I'm no 'championship' bunker shooter - just a duffer and for those who know me, or might be curious, I'm currently ranked 217th out of 260 in the U.S. - no one going for Olympic Gold needs to feel threatened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I moved up significantly in the rankings after this weekend and it was in part due to Kerry's barrel work. BTW, the load used was the B&P Mach 2, 7.5 shot (1360 fps.).

Kerry is busy and a person of few words via e mail contact. I ask him for a date when I can send a barrel for work and that has been our practice for several years - it allows him to schedule me without a wait and to complete the work on other customer barrels in progress.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Kerry has been a friend for 20 years, I am lucky to live about 25 miles from him, he has done many barrels and trigger jobs for me and all work has been perfect.
His turnaround time is good for the quality of custom work that he does, and a super nice guy also.
Terry Epley

·
Registered
115 Posts
he is like a duck floating smoothly on top of the water, but under the surface of the water, it's kicking its feet very hard to give us a chance to compete against the big dogs.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Always delivered as promised. The workmanship is excellent on everything I had done by Kerry, triggers barrels and fitting. Great barrel man, consider him tops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts