Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
The tape does work but if you let it build you may not be able to seat the tube completley. I prefer a dab of grease and snug the tube down with a choke tube wrench. Seems to keep them in place yet allows easy removal.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I've used both depend on what I found at the time, Teflon tape & Anti-Seize stick both worked well with no issues. You have to clean the tape well afterward though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use teflon tape on choke tubes otherwise they tend to loosen up after just a few shots. These are Beretta choke tubes that are hand-tightened. Don't use so much tape that the choke cannot be fully seated and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll agree the Beretta Optima chokes work loose quickly in my al 391. I use the teflon tape and it helps alot.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
I put a drop or two of rem oil on the tubes and check for tightness between posts.

Yes I can walk and tighten the tube at the same time. LOL

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I use CMD GunGrease too. Shooting Coach here on TS.Com use to sell it. Click on the link. Maybe Coach will chime in.

Wayne

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had trouble with Wright's chokes working loose. When I told the Wright's person at the Grand about it they told me to use teflon tape. It works great.

·
Registered
679 Posts
There are two different thickness's of teflon tape...Get the very thin one...I have used it for years on my Beretta 391...Never comes loose & very easy to take off..Also very clean, not messy & simple to use....Pete

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have used Cat Antisieze paste in the past very similar to Loctite copper.But the best in my opinion after long time use is Birchwood Casey Choke Lube.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
If I ever buy a used gun I'll have to ask if they used teflon tape on the choke tube.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.