Trapshooters Forum banner

Ted Nugent on deer hunting...

4829 Views 37 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  fritzi93
Ted Nugent on deer hunting .....

Ted Nugent was recently being interviewed by a French journalist. The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it . Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, "What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Personally, I'm a big fan of Uncle Ted, would love to have him in my deer camp. Not everyone likes him, but if you could find one animal lover that has ever put him in a position he couldn't get out of, maybe you would have a reason for not liking him. I've never personally seen that, though.

Gargoyle,

How does he disrespect the game he hunts?

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Alright, saying the word "kill" instead of "harvest"? How many deer have you eaten that you or someone else didn't kill? Taking something's life is killing it, that's that. I know "harvest" is correct as well, but it doesn't make "kill" the wrong word to use, even if it's less proper. As far as getting excited in the woods after you make a KILL, isn't that what it's all about? If you don't get excited anymore, go home, it's a lot more comfortable in bed than any treestand I've ever sat in. Making a bad shot on an animal, that's hunting. If you never missed an animal or didn't shoot an animal perfectly, you probably haven't hunted very long. I think it's good that Ted still puts those things on his show, it shows other hunters he isn't editing his shows to make it look like he never misses. Go on a hunting talk forum and you'll see quite a few posts about other TV show hosts and how guys are mad at them for making themselves look like experts on their shows. The anti-hunters aren't going to like any of our hunting shows, and they're going to get ammunition from any hunting show, no matter how tasteful, so we might as well stick together and just make sure those shows are what we like. Obviously we all won't like every hunting show out there, but I think Ted's show is awesome and I enjoy watching it. Since it's been on the air for some time, I'm not the only one. I don't like hunting on the game farms he hunts on, but if he likes it, let him. We all have to stick together whether you like it or not, because we'll slit our own throats long before the anti-hunters will (and we'll do it by disagreeing on things like baited hunting, Ted's style of hunting, and "controversial" hunting issues like that). Stick together, guys, and since Ted gets the word out about hunting probably more than any of us with the media, we should thank him. Period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.