1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
Sounds like the teachers doesn't know the First amendment very well. If at all!!

The fact she threatened the student in the manner she did, calls for disciplinary action by the district, but, what do you what for your tax dollars now days!!

A good education for your kids????????? think again.

·
Registered
29,264 Posts
Sounds like she has violated the kids civil and Constitutional rights and should be prosecuted.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The teacher read the recently passed Homeland Security Bill - there's a thread here somewhere on it. I believe it says you can be arrested if in an area where Secret Service protection is in effect and they think you are a threat of somekind.

rm

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That teacher is the perfect argument against tenure. I've heard it said that the problems with the USA begin in faculty lounges. Nothing truer has been said.

Robert

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Where is a direct quote? Was a "dis" discussed or a threat? Or the role of the Secret Service?

Too much out of context for clarity.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone else but you understood it, Chango. And maybe Skeety.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
So, Brian in Oregon, what is your point? I didn't go to the link, I'm on Wi-Fi and camped out on a mountain, on snow, in a tent, so things a bit cold up here right now. Please fill me in. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You didn't read the news story yet you made an invalid assumption about it anyway and posted it.

Sheesh.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Mr. Brian of Oregon:

Read my post carefully. I made no assumption, I asked questions, because I thought that what the teacher did, on the face of what I read here, sounds incredulous and, of course, felt she should be taken to task for speaking to that student in that manner based upon what is posted above.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Questions answered by the article you did not bother to read.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The teacher is black, the kid is white, do yuthink race has anything to do with this? I know I do.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I was a teacher's assistant in a high school. a teacher was trying to brainwash the kids ie: gun control. I argued with the teacher against gun control. the kids went wild. they coulden't believe someone was taking their side. the teacher dropped it. Our military didn't respect nixon. I will bet they don't respect odumbo. I seem to remember that in the 08 election the votes from military in iraq and afganistan and other places were TOO LATE to be counted. But lots of deceased people got to vote. If I said d**d this post would be trashed.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Yes, now I get it, should look at the article. I am retired from ublic educatgion, many double sandards going on in the particular public school district in which I worked.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
As a teacher, my response is that the teacher is stupid. You can not fix stupid she should be in the superintendents office explaining her self.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.