Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's nephew has TBI due to a car accident-somehow he got married (can't hold a job), it appears one or more of his 3 infant children is impaired.

Wondering does a person who has TBI, get their genes damaged as a result of the injury, if so why
should they , some how not be made aware--that any children they might have will not have a viable life

I'm on my way to NJ to see the results first hand-hope I'm able to cope .

Sorry for putting this under the wrong address-just had another crown come off

Phil Berkowitz

·
Premium Member
10,596 Posts
No, genes don't change.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Maybe its the genes on the female side. Sounds like a real winner to hook up with him according to Phil!!!!

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
That sucks about your wife's nephew, but what the hell does this have to do with trap shooting?
Post this stuff in the proper section.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
My wife's nephew has TBI due to a car accident-somehow he got married (can't hold a job), it appears one or more of his 3 infant children is impaired.

Wondering does a person who has TBI, get their genes damaged as a result of the injury, if so why
should they , some how not be made aware--that any children they might have will not have a viable life

Phil Berkowitz
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a nondegenerative, noncongenital insult to the brain from an external mechanical force, possibly leading to permanent or temporary impairment of cognitive, physical, and psychosocial functions, with an associated diminished or altered state of consciousness.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt ,I screwed up as I said I had a crown come loose-sorry for not posting in the proper category

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Matt ,I screwed up as I said I had a crown come loose-sorry for not posting in the proper category

Phil Berkowitz
How did the crown make you.......... Nevermind, I don't want to know.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think allot the trapshooting related questions have been covered on this site..... So now we get our entertainment from everything else

·
Registered
26 Posts

Phil Berkowitz
TBI is just a Traumatic Brain Injury, It doesn't effect your geno code in anyway. Also, depends on where or how bad the TBI is to his ability to "work" or hold a coherent conversation and with simple adaptions and interventions the TBI can be over come. It will take a lot of time and trying to find the right adaption that will work. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. (Just an fyi I have a B.A. in Elementary Education, Certification in CNA and Homehealth Aid, with special education courses.)

·
Registered
868 Posts
TBI is just a Traumatic Brain Injury, It doesn't effect your geno code in anyway. Also, depends on where or how bad the TBI is to his ability to "work" or hold a coherent conversation and with simple adaptions and interventions the TBI can be over come. It will take a lot of time and trying to find the right adaption that will work. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. (Just an fyi I have a B.A. in Elementary Education, Certification in CNA and Homehealth Aid, with special education courses.)
Ty B suffers from TBI also!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts