Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any trouble with there taurus tcp738 380 pistol.Took mine to the range today and it misfired 15 out of 18 times,tried 2 different types of ammo,just wondering if this is just my gun or if other people are having problems to.Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I used a dremel tool with a cloth wheel and some jewelers rouge to polish the feed ramp on mine and it works good, just a stovepipe once in a while.

·
Premium Member
12,635 Posts
Not that the suggestions above are not good, but if the gun is "new" I would wait to tackle either of those projects.

Like a car there is a 'break in' period. For a pistol it might be 200 ~ 500 rounds to totally settle the gun into a normal functional mode.

Of the two methods the polishing of the feed ramp is the least likely to negatively impact the gun in the future. Remember, when you start taking metal away it is easy - now just try and put it back after you've taken away too much...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the above advice,the gun is new,it hits the primer very light,it fired the 3 rounds after they was hit 3 to 4 times.Gun dealer said that Taurus would fix it,just have to send it in.Again thanks Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.