Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
I've had one for about 5 years. Load my own nines. Gun has always worked well and never had a jam. Mine was made in Brazil. I'd recommend it.

·
Premium Member
13,517 Posts
They're made in Brazil.

Taurus builds these and S & W clones under license. They have gone into design as well and now offer pistols of there own.

They come with a lifetime guarantee - tough to argue with.

I have an older one (PT-99) that does NOT drop the hammer when safety is engaged. It was a bit hard to find rubber grips for it (Pachmayrs fit), but it is a back up gun for around the house, so no worries there.

Great gun at a great price (paid $200 for mine).

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I've owned one for a couple of years. Wanted to get a larger frame auto. Tossed a few around awhile and went with the PT92. I liked the fit, the looks, the safety, the de-cocker, came with (2) 15 rd. mags and (2) 17 rd. mags brand new $349. I couldn't go wrong and didn't. I have no regrets and would highly recomend one. I have had no problems what so ever. Re-Sale/trade-in Value????? Who cares, I ain't selling it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Taurus revolvers are not S&W clones, at least no further than external appearance and that is stretching things. The 92 is fully the equivalent of the Beretta and the first ones were Beretta "clones" and, so I was told by our CCW instructor, made on machinery origanally installed in Brazil by Beretta so they could sell firearms in that country.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I have one that was made in Brazil many years ago when they first appeared. It has a mag release near the bottom of the grip and has performed flawlessly for around 30 years. Other than a few feed malfunctions during a brief break in period, there have been no issues with it. I modified a pachmayr grip to fit, since there were very few options for this one.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The guys I know who have them, like them. Most who dis'em, appear to have never owned one or are Beretta owners.

The only thing I had to do to mine out of the box was to slightly drift my rear site. Mine has cycled any brass case ammo I've fed it. Have not even tried to cycle aluminum cased or steel cased.

Just go buy it. You'll like it. It doesn't break the bank. It's not that popular where it will be hard to get one. The Beretta is not that popular either. Should be easy to find.

I'll be honest I liked the way it looks and wanted a larger framed 9 vs. my compact 9. I enjoy shooting it more outside than inside.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
It's not quite a Beretta, but I must admit that it's a good value. Even the Stoeger Cougar, which really is made with old Beretta tooling, and costs about half as much as the original Beretta, is worth a look. Rotary barrel is interesting too. I usually pay more to get the genuine article, but I understand trying to save a few bucks on a daily shooter when money is tight.

-Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.