Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/09/sports/golf/kevin-na-leaves-yips-behind-to-take-share-of-lead-at-players-championship.html?_r=0

“A lot of the players out here go through some kind of a yip in their career,” Na said. “And a lot of the guys when they have that, they fall off the planet. They play poorly and nobody really sees and hears about it.” He added, “I was playing some of my best golf and I couldn’t take the club back, and the whole world saw me do it.”
How Na managed to elevate his stature on the planet instead of falling off it when his swing was a disaster in progress is beyond him. “I try not to think too much about it,” he said. “I got over it.”

I suspect there is ALOT more to how he "got over it"!! Hopefully the whole story will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I'm watching him leading the Players Championship right now. He was a basket case a few years ago. He would abort his swing right in the middle for no apparent reason. Took a lot of heat but the PGA officials determined that if he wasn't attempting to strike the ball, it wasn't a whiff and didn't count. Hell of a player, I'd like to see him hold and win tomorrow.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
He couldn't pull the trigger. Hmmmm, wait a minute,........... what?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts