Trapshooters Forum banner

Target Presentations

7149 Views 81 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Hap MecTweaks
With a Pat Trap--how can we show more 'Face" of the target during flight??As it is now the target shows little color and more of the black rim.The target appears as an "eye slit". Frustrating!!!!!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,278 Posts
Dennis, Your answers are above. Now it sounds as though you have spoken with PAT to see what they recommend for the machine height. To get more face, it's raise the target or lower the trap. Not all machines require the same height in the house. As I recall we had to cut our bases for the two PAT's. For the Star's it was just removing the old 2x12 plank that were under the handsets. As you know from your other club, 9'-3" to 9'-6" throws a decent target.

Also your black rimmed taget appears different and takes a little getting used to.

If you've become that active down there then we hope to get some time up here this Summer. :)

Enjoy, the snow is going to be a long time leaving this year. Bob

Edit--BTW--Thank you for the laughs-this thread has potential.

· Registered
4,278 Posts
Even Tron'ster couldn't cast for these results. I thought there was potential here. I don't want to remind you about the radar gun Dennis, you know I'm a believer in them--Ahhh, if it's a good one--used properly? ;) Bob

· Registered
4,278 Posts
Cowboy John, That's too funny. Maybe a P'n+B'n thread.

As far as Dennis original question, I don't think he was looking to throw illegal targets. I believe he has a visual problem where ever he is shooting. It could be background/contrast, or machine placement as expressed above. Some times we make it more complicated than it needs to be. Hve fun and shoot often.

· Registered
4,278 Posts
Roger knows of what he speaks. There were no better targets than those off the old WW hand sets with a good kid in the house and a good puller. Different times now, those days are forever gone. Good times, great memories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.