Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long time ago one of the gun mags had plans for a target (pistol) frame that you could easily build. It was wood and the base folded up so you could easily transport it. I built one, sold it. Long time ago.

Anyone have these plans or similar ideas? Made some of PVC tubing and I don't really like them at all. Anything wood, that folds up to put in the back of a pick-up?

Thanks!
Bruce

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the political signs were my idea as well. Unfortunately, here in Vermont, they got cleaned up VERY fast the next day. Or, I should say, fortunately. At least we didn't have to look at them for long.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I generally take 4 - 2 X 4's about 24 to 30 inches long, whichever size your target may be and screw them together to form an H with an extra bar in the middle. I make the center 2 where a 1 X 2 will fit snugly in between these will be used for the uprights. The target can be stapled to the uprights.

I have seen to many folks get splatters from shooting metal at close range. I have a rule "no metal closer than 20 yards". A lot of folks do, I prefer not to take the chance. We never use metal frames in our tactical shoots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.